Lakeridge High School Update!

Emerald525

The Lakeridge Tank is a work in progress. Now that Marshall is gone they have not had the support but Shaun Monahan has stepped up to offer to help. It actually doesn't look bad considering it has not had a water change since it was set up at the start of school and Sarah is doing what she can to keep the water topped off. The Alk has been running pretty low too. The corals look a little stressed but they have been through a lot. We added some more fish today and a sea hare to help with all the algae in the tank

Sarah asked for some schooling fish so I got her 5 Bangii cardinals. I have had them in the quarantine tank for about 2 weeks and they are eating pellets with no sign of illness. I also got her a sailfin tang to help with the algae.

DSC02084ARW.jpg

Car loaded up with 20 gallons of saltwater:

DSC02086ARW.jpg

DSC02088ARW.jpg

There's a fair amount of algae on the rocks but not surprising since the rock was dried out. The corals are pretty stressed too but the salinity has been running high and the alk is running low and they were transferred from one tank to another and have lived through the cycling process. The water is also a bit cold as the heater is not working well. Honestly things don't look bad considering the parameters are off. Now with Shaun and Re-run offering to be contact people this will be one sweet tank.

DSC02089ARW.jpg

Fish are being acclimated to salinity and temperature. We will be getting them a new heater with the next BRS group buy

DSC02092ARW.jpg

DSC02093ARW.jpg

The students love the tank and they have been dilligently testing :)

DSC02094ARW.jpg

A 20 gallon water change should help! :)

DSC02106ARW.jpg

The fish look happy and healthy :)

DSC02095ARW.jpg

DSC02096ARW.jpg

DSC02111ARW.jpg

DSC02098ARW.jpg

DSC02102ARW.jpg

DSC02104ARW.jpg

DSC02108ARW.jpg

DSC02112ARW.jpg

All done! Tank looks a little bare but I plan to add more corals when the parameters are more stable.

DSC02114ARW.jpg

DSC02115ARW.jpg

Well there it is. This tank has a lot of potential. I can't wait to see the progress!