Your sps tanks worst nightmare - Coral donations needed

Mandinga

[ATTACH]13356[/ATTACH]

This little fella is a rescue I pulled out of my old sps tank. I used to donate a stick or two a month so he could chow down, but since taking my sps tank down I am now starving this poor crabby bastard. He does scavenge just about anything, so don't worry he's fine:)

But seriously, if you have some over growing monti digita, or other annoying coral, my coral munching crab would much to be obliged.

[ATTACH]13357[/ATTACH]

iPhone 4S pics......hmmmmm

[ATTACH]13358[/ATTACH]

He is at the moment the most prized critter in my pest tank. Really odd crab.

post-6050-14186779089_thumb.jpg

post-6050-141867790891_thumb.jpg

post-6050-141867790892_thumb.jpg

This is funny to me. I had the same crab in my tank for 2 years. He made it through the transfer ad has been chomping on my Sps for years. I tried to many ways to catch him but was never successful. One morning I caught him off guard and nabbed him with some tweezers and killed him....happiest day of reefing so far.

I don't have a scientific id, potentially a gorilla crab? He's jet black though with almost no markings. He's a general scavenger, munching on detritus and regular fish food, but when I used to put sps sticks in there he would snap and munch them like a snickers bar.

I thought Gorilla crabs were covered in short spikes, but I can't tell from your picture - he's cool though.

I had one in a 75g years ago and he ate all my snails and hermits at first, then I got a rock with a mantis hitchhiker and he ate my crab - 1 year later I finally caught the mantis by smashing the rock he was in on my driveway with a sledgehammer...I was pissed at him...he ate my fish - all my fish!!!

But a cool crab you have there nonetheless