New ecotech leds

kriz2fer

the crazy thing about it is that i know people are going to buy these and lots of them i just could never justify spending that much on lighting that really isnt better than others at half or more than half the price maybe if the units were bigger and only needed one for a larger tank the price would seem reasonable but its sad to me makes it harder for the poor man lol ill just keep running my halides haha maybe in a few more years there will be cheaper leds or ill be able to save for some one of these days

the crazy thing about it is that i know people are going to buy these and lots of them i just could never justify spending that much on lighting that really isnt better than others at half or more than half the price maybe if the units were bigger and only needed one for a larger tank the price would seem reasonable but its sad to me makes it harder for the poor man lol ill just keep running my halides haha maybe in a few more years there will be cheaper leds or ill be able to save for some one of these days

You can seriously buy comperable LED fixtures for <$400 and if your into DIY you can build an even better one for about $400.

To each his own though, they have a lot of money in their programming and automation gear on these, but still a lot for a light...kinda like how a vortec is a lot for a wavemaker :/

Agreed!!! MH and t-5s ar effective also ive seen a lot of LEDs par drop by 6-12 monthes... And the radion can't even keep sps unless it's at the top. According to Sanjay article in coral mag. He actually says a lot of CONS to LEDS and how the wait will be worth it. Cause the price will drop. Also he states ppl with nanos (or money) should be the only ones using LEDs as the expense and light power put out.

In the long run it is cheaper though

You can seriously buy comperable LED fixtures for <$400 and if your into DIY you can build an even better one for about $400.

To each his own though, they have a lot of money in their programming and automation gear on these, but still a lot for a light...kinda like how a vortec is a lot for a wavemaker :/

I do agree though that DIY is the best way to go when it comes to LEDs

Agreed!!! MH and t-5s ar effective also ive seen a lot of LEDs par drop by 6-12 monthes... And the radion can't even keep sps unless it's at the top. According to Sanjay article in coral mag. He actually says a lot of CONS to LEDS and how the wait will be worth it. Cause the price will drop. Also he states ppl with nanos (or money) should be the only ones using LEDs as the expense and light power put out.

In the long run it is cheaper though

Just like any other hobby, car, etc. If you wait long enough the price will drop. If you want to be the trend setter you have to pay the premium. It doesn't mean they are a bad product. I wouldn't go back to T5's or MH's ever again. Sure they have great color but nothing compares to what I currently have as well as control.

Why should ppl with nanos be the only ones to use led?

HTC EVO

Not only.. But because the expense it's smarter. If you notice a lot of mania have LEDs you only need one radion instead of two, the price difference for more t5s is cheaper than 2 LED fixtures.

And I should rephrase myself, it's more affordable and affective for a nano to have an LED then a bigger tank

Just like any other hobby' date=' car, etc. If you wait long enough the price will drop. If you want to be the trend setter you have to pay the premium. It doesn't mean they are a bad product. I wouldn't go back to T5's or MH's ever again. Sure they have great color but nothing compares to what I currently have as well as control.[/quote']

+1 I feel when I do make the jump I most likely won't go back. The fact you can control LEDs makes them a lot more intriguing