Montipora Eating Nudi's :(

rgrcrain

I apparently have these nudibranchs all over my corals. There have been corals that I thought were just RTNing for quite a while from bad water chemistry that can probably be blamed on these little bastards!

I just read an article about something called Potassium Permanganate that is supposed to do a pretty good job of killing them and their eggs. It is also sold as "Poly-Ox" by Kent Marine, Does anyone know where to get this or have any experience using it?

I have potassium permanganate. You just need to come to Oregon City to get it.

I have about a 10 lb container of the stuff, and you only need MICROGRAMS. I have several billion treatments for nudis in my basement. Ha Ha.

I have some that is already measured out and just needs to be added to a liter of water to make it work.

Send me a PM and I will give you my phone number so you can call me to come get the permanganate. :)

dsoz

I was able to eliminate them with tweesers and a very hungry yellow corris wrasse. I threw away a couple plating frags that were on the sandbed, and just moved all my monty's to where I could get to them easily. I checked them every other day or so and picked off any I found. After a couple months I was pretty sure they were gone and put the monty's where I wanted them. Its been over 7 months and havn't seen any signs of them since. Good luck.