My Bio Cube LED lights

racefan

I went with stevesleds.com lights for my BC29. I got the plug & Play version for 2 reasons, #1) I wasn't comfortable wiring up the LED's #2) Time Savings. When you get the Plug & Play they have everything all wired up, fan mounted, & most importantly to me is they calibrate they main power supply so it's at maximum efficiency for longer LED life. One drawback is that the dimmers do not come with knobs. I got a pack of 4 @ Radio Shack for like $3.00. I REALLY like the lights. I'm getting a real nice shimmer of light on my rocks & sandbed & that's running them on low. I took the temp. of the top of my cover using my digital heat gun & it was 125 degrees with the stock lighting. I took it with the LED's & it was 81 degrees (disclaimer, they were running on low power, but I don't expect a whole lot more heat when I work my way up to more light) for another $25.00 I got their Moonlight kit. It's pretty cool, It has 16 selectable colors, 8 different intensities of light & a remote control. Next is a Vortec MP10. Now on to a bunch of pics!

THE KIT AS SHIPPED ALL ASSEMBLED

DSCF2570sm.jpg

I USED A PIECE OF LEFT OVER FAN SHROUD (that you remove) & MOUNTED THE DIMMER'S WHERE THE STOCK LIGHT SWITCHES WERE

DSCF2572sm.jpg

TOP OF THE HOOD WITH DIMMER KNOBS. I PAINTED ONE BLUE & LEFT THE OTHER SILVER SO I'D KNOW WHICH IS WHICH

DSCF2584sm.jpg

WOO HOO THEY WORK!!

DSCF2578sm.jpg

TANK SHOT, LIGHTS ON LOW

DSCF2581sm.jpg

BLUE MOONLIGHTS

DSCF2573sm.jpg

RED MOONLIGHTS

DSCF2574sm.jpg

GREEN MOONLIGHTS

DSCF2575sm.jpg

MOONLIGHT REMOTE CONTROL

DSCF2577sm.jpg

Looks great, I better hurry up and sell my VHO and MH with everyone buying these LEDs-

To bad LEDs cant keep corals alive (whistle)

rofl

I'm glad you made the jump to the darker side, you will be too ( wait, you alraedy are-(laugh) )

It can keep corals alive but barely. And if your doing sps forget it..(whistle)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Looks great, I better hurry up and sell my VHO and MH with everyone buying these LEDs-

To bad LEDs cant keep corals alive (whistle)

rofl

I'm glad you made the jump to the darker side, you will be too ( wait, you alraedy are-(laugh) )

Your right. The moonlights however are doing a pretty good job with growth. I just have to match them to the lunar cycle :rolleyes: