Kessil vs. ai nano ur opinion

SteveHash-fish20

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the rapid kit personally, and the kessil actually has the best spread out of the three. I mean it's a different LED but the 8canon LEDs by ecotech covered the Lego land shark walk better than 20 MH that are 400w.. I mean it's pretty self explanatory what is cheaper in the long run, and what can light your system up better, it might be smaller than a pop can but the kessil a150w is a MH LED that has 32w = to around one radium 150w MH bulb.. The reason I question the ai sol is because they are near the same price. The flaws within the kessil to me are the fact they are not able to dim spectrum and do not have an on/off switch, and the sol I no nothing about really.. Study the kessil I'm telling you they are cutting edge

Cutting edge as in there is no technology better at this moment in time. Such little watts for so much more power, and the risk of burning coral is always there without proper care? Shade it and slowly move it out half an inch everyday or so and the coral should be fine. I mean I've seen corals burn because of bulb changes that where the same watt on the same fixture just a different brand?

I just put a stevesleds.com unit on my BC29. I really like it. The guys over at nano reef sold me on it. I'm getting really nice shimmer on my rocks & sandbed & get good coverage with the lights & I'm only running them at less than 50%.

Not trying to high jack this thread but

I have been looking in to putting LED's on my biocube 29 down the road. The stevesleds look like they are in two short lines down the middle. While the rapidLED's are more spead out over the heat sink. My consern was they wouldn't get good spread front to back. What are your thoughts and experience on the light spread?

For anyone looking to see actual growth for either light there are some really awesome videos on YouTube. I've seen both running over 29g biocubes and but performed very well. I'm currently running a a150 ocean blue over my 5g cube with tremendous results. One other very important factor to keep in mind about Kessil lights is the addition of UVA (True Uv) LEDs in all of their fixtures. IMO these features have seemed to bring back corals that were otherwise doomed and browning out under my Radion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

For anyone looking to see actual growth for either light there are some really awesome videos on YouTube. I've seen both running over 29g biocubes and but performed very well. I'm currently running a a150 ocean blue over my 5g cube with tremendous results. One other very important factor to keep in mind about Kessil lights is the addition of UVA (True Uv) LEDs in all of their fixtures. IMO these features have seemed to bring back corals that were otherwise doomed and browning out under my Radion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, lol I think I'm gonna go kessil. Just needa buy one now. Anyone got for cheaper than marine depot? Lol

Thank you' date=' lol I think I'm gonna go kessil. Just needa buy one now. Anyone got for cheaper than marine depot? Lol[/quote']

Kessils are MAP, so you wont find cheaper unless you can get a used one. I bought mine from The Premium Aquarium. Garrett had it shipped directly to my home.

I would DIY cause I don't think a ai nano would be good coverage. The kessil are kinda spotlights and don't have very good spread with just one.

I never read past this post.

I share this opinion and have built all my fixtures that would put most off the shelf LED fixtures to shame

(rock2)