Chalice swollen?

SteveHash-fish20

It's fine 9/10 of its surface. But again I got it today. I moved it to the sand bed

Sandbed and just keep it in the shade and slowly move it out to the lights. I'm still working on moving some of my chalices to the lights but I think I'm just going to keep them on the left side of the tank shaded myself. What type of lighting did they come from and what type of lighting are you running? For the first day just like Kim and Brad stated above it sounds like it's just stressed.

Other than being swollen does it look bad. My experience when chalices are stressed the seem recessed and when they are doing good there are more "puffy"

As long as things are stable 10-20 NO3 is not terrible

GL

It has some slime coming off that area now.. Idk how to explain it. It's in a 2.5 gal with a 12 watt LED I'm thinking maybe the lights are too strong I had him practically under them. (idk what I was thinking) but idk I left came back a couple hours later and he went from completely fine to swollen on the side an now it's sliming off. Could e hat be stressed? And thanks for the GL

Is any other corals near it or in the water flow of the chalice? Could be chemical warfare of another coral. Either way I wouldn't sweat it too much. That chalice will likely grow pretty fast even if it dies back a bit in that location. Keep in mind it's a chalice so pretty fast is a few months...(laugh)

Could very well be just that you had it directly under the light too. I would try and shade it the best you can and place it near the bottom like you said you have now. Slowly move it up over the course of a few weeks or so to get it aclimated to the lighting if you really want it a bit higher in the tank. My Oregon Mummy Eye chalice wasn't doing anything for the previous owner and it's put on 4 eyes for me in the past 3 months. You just never really know.

You wouldn't notice the effect from light right away usually takes a few days for a chalice to get bleached out. It's common when you first move it and put it in the tank. Nice looking chalice looks fine to me.

You don't think it's left side is swollen and white? Its sliming and peeling I think but I'm just gonna do what noob said and slowly acclimate it

You don't think it's left side is swollen and white? Its sliming and peeling I think but I'm just gonna do what noob said and slowly acclimate it

Kim knows a lot more about chalices than I do so take my suggestions with a grain of salt compared to her experience. She is of course holding onto my TECO watermelon chalice at the current moment...(whistle)

Lol sorry I missed the other picture. I see what you mean now. It does look a little stressed but that's not unusual. Just keep an eye on it. If u do see it peeling and receding more you could consider dipping it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Yeah I dipped it before I put it in tank, and it probably is stressed. I wouldn't doubt it. Again he got moved today, I'm gonna dip him if it gets worse and continue to watch him, shade him, and just make sure I can get him back to proper health.

Lol sorry I missed the other picture. I see what you mean now. It does look a little stressed but that's not unusual. Just keep an eye on it. If u do see it peeling and receding more you could consider dipping it.

Yeah I dipped it before I put it in tank, and it probably is stressed. I wouldn't doubt it. Again he got moved today, I'm gonna dip him if it gets worse and continue to watch him, shade him, and just make sure I can get him back to proper health. Thank you again

I would not dip it myself, just be patient, and as mentioned low light. You mentioned rics but I did not follow if you took them out or what you meant-regardless most rics will kill a chalice, I've been there and done that.

The key to all things reef is stability, even if its a lower param, if its consistent, my experience corals will adapt-within reason of course.

I'm sure all is fine

Yeah I dipped it before I put it in tank, and it probably is stressed. I wouldn't doubt it. Again he got moved today, I'm gonna dip him if it gets worse and continue to watch him, shade him, and just make sure I can get him back to proper health. Thank you again