Medford Fish Stores

Fewneral01

Hi Everyone,

I am heading down to Medford this weekend for my wife's family reunion. Figured since I was down there I would ask you all if there are any nice fish stores in that area? I am going to be all over so nothing is out of the way. I will be in Trail/Shady Cove, Eagle Point, Medford, White City, Central Point, Talent, and Ashland. So if you know of any stores that I could check out that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Don

Reeftech, in the Medford Center. Great store, will have just about anything you need. Yes the prices are higher than up north, but he is the only real reef store south of Salem.

Nui Kai, on Main street between Central and Front. (closed on Sunday and Monday) New owners. Not a big selection, but sometimes there are some real nice things.

Frog Prince water gardens. Grants Pass south I5 exit, left at the Dutch Brothers, cross the tracks they will be on the left. (closed on Sunday) Great selection of zoas and paly's, good prices.

Thanks for the information.

I managed to get into Reef Tech this weekend and must say that is an awesome store. I have never seen a store that clean (exception is TPA) but the reviews online are completely true. While the store is truly impressive, the customer service on the other hand is nonexistent. I went in with my wife and kids. There was no greeting or anything from any of the 4 employees sitting behind the counter. In the 20 minutes we were in the store not one employee approached any of us. I asked for a card and received one with a begrudging thanks for stopping in.

The store had an impressive inventory of nearly everything you could want. Everything seemed fairly priced and clearly marked. They had some rarer stock as well as a lot of common things but nothing was sickly or out of place. Fish were clearly marked with reef safe or not reef safe, all tanks were spotless and well kept, and most impressively to me were the coral frag tanks. They are setup so that everything is viewable (like at TPA) from the top and sides. They had probably 40 or 50 feet of shallow frag tanks that were roughly 3 feet wide and a foot deep. Nice shop but its far away and the guys at TPA are much friendlier.

I too have the same issue when I go in there. customer service is very lacking. you could stand there all day and no one would approach you. Ray does know me by name but he still doesnt initiate a conversation until I say something to him. as for prices, the only thing I buy from him is frozen food and fish. most of the stuff I need as far as equipment, I can find online for alot cheaper. for the store, its amazing! I could spend hours looking at all the intersting fish and coral he has on display. a little jealous of all the leds he has hanging up too $$$$. I am in gold beach and this is the closet LFS around me aside from carsons critters in brookings and that place is a joke.