Julians Thing

racefan

My wife bought me a 2 Little Fishy's Julians Thing for my birthday (does it count as a present if she didn't know she bought it until it showed up in the mail? worked for both of us really(laugh)) I rather like it for target feeding Coral. Much easier than a turkey baster. I like how the food only goes into the tip & you can shoot however much you want with the syringe.

image_large.jpg

This is just my experience and i might not be using it right but i got this tool and i hate it. First of all it looks all nice in the picture but when you open the package its in a bunch of different parts and they are all bulk tubing and plastic, i could have made one for about $3.95. It looks really cheap once you have it assembled too. I wanted it so i could blast off the nooks in the rocks but there is no power to it when you push the plunger. Sorry, i just had to rant about this reef tool, #1 thing i have bought in this hobby that i wish i hadn't. Of course i don't want to throw it away so it just sits there as a reminder to my self not to buy reef junk.(flame) Rant ended

This is just my experience and i might not be using it right but i got this tool and i hate it. First of all it looks all nice in the picture but when you open the package its in a bunch of different parts and they are all bulk tubing and plastic' date=' i could have made one for about $3.95. It looks really cheap once you have it assembled too. I wanted it so i could blast off the nooks in the rocks but there is no power to it when you push the plunger. Sorry, i just had to rant about this reef tool, #1 thing i have bought in this hobby that i wish i hadn't. Of course i don't want to throw it away so it just sits there as a reminder to my self not to buy reef junk.(flame) Rant ended[/quote']

Did you try it with the back flow valve removed? Darn, I wish I'd known I would have seen if you wanted to sell it.

I would think power would be a bad thing for target feeding. Kinda just sounds like a miss application? Have you tried a turkey baster for blowing off your rocks, that's what I use and it works great. :) I hate target feeding with it though, I feel like I have way too little control over where the food goes.

To the OP Happy Birthday!!!!