divers institute in seattle

dee77

anybody herd anything about the divers institute in seattle i have herd it the best dive school there is and i might be going there for a tour and might sign up jus wanted to know if anyone on here has any experince in underwater welding and scuba diving. i plan on going to maui once i graduate and opening a scuba school and tours.

http://www.diversinstitute.edu/?gclid=COmFg6OZ1LECFSc0QgodcQ0AjQ

I have been diving for over 2 decades and when I lived in that area I took the tour and if it not been so expensive I would have went. When I researched it years ago it was the premier dive school on the west coast. If you want to be a commercial diver for oil rigs and underwater salvage there is no better place.

I didn't think Divers intstitute was for training in the recreational field as much as commercial it is geared for commercial work. I have been a certified diver for over 10 years and I thought you had to be a dive master to operate a diving business. I didn't see that offered as a course from them.

divers institute is a commercial diving school. If you plan on doing commercial diving, that is not a bad choice. I would sugest talking to Dave Ishmael at Under Water Works in Tigard. However, if you plan to open a recreational dive shop in Hawaii, then you need to go through another organization. Currently, PADI (put another dollar in) is the largest recreational diving organization. To get titles in recreational scuba diving is a peice of cake compared to any real college you could go to. It is an organization and activity geared toward tourists, I honestly don't think you can get failed out. The divemaster program, (the first level of professional diving) takes about six months to a year. If you wish to open a scuba school, you continue up to course director. All of the training is going to be make to go around another job or career, so weekends and evenings. Don't make the mistake of thinking that PADI will teach you much about dive shops, or business. If you work at a dive shop, and get trained by them, then you will likely become involved in their business, and it will be from having a close relationship with a dive shop that will give you experience in the dive industry. Around here, Nicole Pratt at seven seas scuba is the only course director. They're a great shop, and the sort of place that if you train with them to move to the ranks of instructor, you will learn all about how and what to do in a shop... that is if they like you... because there isnt a place in the padi cirriculum that involves practical business in dive shops.