Transferring stocks to frag tank

frankb

I am about to upgrade my tank to a bigger one. What are the advice when I transfer my corals from my display tank to a frag tank without killing any of them? Shall I use some of the water from the DT or not? My biggest concern is the sps. They are too finicky. I assume if I use some of the old water, the parameters will be more stable in the frag tank than using fresh salt water. Thanks

I've moved many of tanks but nothing specific to SPS up until recently so I can't be of much service. However if you happened to make a bunch of little frags from breaking things you know who you can send them too...(whistle)

I would think Brad would be a good person to chat with about this since he had his temporary 150 setup to house the corals and fish until his 400 was setup.

I've moved many of tanks but nothing specific to SPS up until recently so I can't be of much service. However if you happened to make a bunch of little frags from breaking things you know who you can send them too...(whistle)

I would think Brad would be a good person to chat with about this since he had his temporary 150 setup to house the corals and fish until his 400 was setup.

I am hoping he will chime in. Can your tank hold any more corals, Jesse?

I would always find room for more, or get rid of some for new ones.. (laugh)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mine can so skip Noob and send them here!!!(threaten) I've upgraded more than I care to admit this last year and I made it a point to use as much of the DT water as I could.

When I did the temp tank I set it up as a brand new tank, I seeded it with live sand from my 75 I was going to be tearing down, I did the entire cycle thing, once it was cycled, I gradually moved things over to the 'transition tank' (live rock, corals etc) over the course of a week or so if I recall.

I did a thread on it, but basiclly I treated it like a new tank. Give me a call tomorrow if you want to discuss specifics, I never lost anything if I remember right and there are few things I did that I should have done differently

I got a rubbermaid tub filled it with my tank water made a stand for my skimmer placed all my rock on the bottom and cut a big piece of eggcrate to fit to a proper depth.Stuck on both MP-40's. Made a stand over it out of 2" by 2" 's to mount two 400w MH's and laid across some 72" t-5 fixtures I had and I had and everything make it believe it or not. (w/out a ca reactor hooked up) I believe I did do a couple small WC's but mostly controlled ammonia with amequl or however you spell it. I'd say they were in there 4 months or so. Mostly all SPS.