Starting a shark tank

Richard

sharks need a rounded tank so they dont bump into anything as they turn around. which bamboo did you get max size for one is 3 ft and the other species is max 2ft. the fact that a 210 gallon tank is only twice the size of a full grown bamboo seems small and the width is only 2 feet. I would go bigger a lot bigger or get a shallower tank that is longer and a lot deeper. my opinion is all. like you said for now they are fine but after a 1ft and half I would get a bigger tank

Get a bigger tank.. I was just like you thinking that when i had a 240 gallon but my grey bamboo could barely turn around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. You are going to need a bigger tank. It's not the amount of gallons it's the footprint that counts. A 210 is 72x24x28 so basically its the same footprint as a 180 gallon just a bit taller.

If you want a shark tank, circular tanks are best. When I worked at a zoo we used the fiberglass version of the tank I'll attach to quarantine large fish and they were OK in them due to the circular shape.

A baby bamboo shark will out grow a 210 gallon very fast. They grow on average of 18" a year until they reach adult size. So you are looking at a shark that will be longer than the width of your tank in less that a year.

I totally understand the appeal of a shark and I was planning on getting a shark for my old 180 gallon, but then I did research and learned it just wouldn't work.

Ultimately it's your tank and you can do whatever you want with it, I'm just giving you my opinion. :D

Here is the link: http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/958/Tanks-Flat-Bottomed

We sell a few coldwater/sub tropical sharks that Max out under 12 inches and look just like a leopard shark from the west coast' date=' if your Into sharks this is an easy way to keep them without all the no it all people on here giving you crap about keeping these huge sharks hahaha email me at [email']coldwatermarineaquatics@gmail.com[/email] for a price.

You beat me too it I was just going to post that...

One of the two sharks from seahorse, Spartacus, jumped out of the tank about six months ago. It happened in the middle of the night and they did not find him till morning. He limped along for a while, but died later that day. Hope that wasn't yours and hate to be the bearer of bad news.

And, yes cayes does have a nurse shark. Brutus, I think is his name. Very sad looking fish. Just lays there in the tank, can barely turn around. Its horrifying to be honest. I feel truly bad for that animal. I think he is well over 3 feet...probably closer to four. The tank is only an 8 footer, I believe and not more than 2 ft. wide. Sad.

Oh nope seahorse aquarium. I hear Cayes has a nurse shark that can't turn around but never been there to verify that

One of the two sharks from seahorse, Spartacus, jumped out of the tank about six months ago. It happened in the middle of the night and they did not find him till morning. He limped along for a while, but died later that day. Hope that wasn't yours and hate to be the bearer of bad news.

And, yes cayes does have a nurse shark. Brutus, I think is his name. Very sad looking fish. Just lays there in the tank, can barely turn around. Its horrifying to be honest. I feel truly bad for that animal. I think he is well over 3 feet...probably closer to four. The tank is only an 8 footer, I believe and not more than 2 ft. wide. Sad.

Nope the one i had is the same one still there. The grey bamboo