Massive water change!

J-Dog

Trust me if one acro has flatworms then Soon they will all have them it doesn't happen instantaneously. Just put them in the dip am while in the dip you can turkey baste and see why comes off. Aefw are like cancer in a reef tank, it is the worst thing to ever happen when keeping Sps, there is no cure and it can wipe out a whole show tank in months.

Trust me if one acro has flatworms then Soon they will all have them it doesn't happen instantaneously. Just put them in the dip am while in the dip you can turkey baste and see why comes off. Aefw are like cancer in a reef tank' date=' it is the worst thing to ever happen when keeping Sps, there is no cure and it can wipe out a whole show tank in months.[/quote']

There is no cure but there is treatment-You take out every acro that is in your tank, scrape of every inch of encrusted acro that is left on your live rock after removing all pieces, then you set up a temp Q-tank and dip every piece for 10 minutes-(clap) once every 5-7 days-(rock2) for 6 weeks-(laugh) while replacing the water in the QT tank on a weekly basis as well-rofloh and it helps to scrape off the eggs, but the dip every 5-7 days is supposed to kill off the newly hatched worms-(plotting)

Good luck J-Dog, but on the bright side, if you do have them, your tank is brand new and it'll be a cheap lesson learned vs finding them after things have encrusted.

I get to try out the above described process starting in a week or two-BAAAA and I dip, I just did not Q/T-I guess in hindsite look out for the eggs and quarantine-(the really suck *** part-they came from someone local (scary) so someone has AEFW and they have no clue-DOH!)

(backtotopic)

Not sure how often you change your filter sock, I have to do it weekly-sounds like their may be some nutrient issues going on in that tank of yours (scratch)

ah you gotta love this hobby-Blue_nods.gif

There is no cure but there is treatment-You take out every acro that is in your tank, scrape of every inch of encrusted acro that is left on your live rock after removing all pieces, then you set up a temp Q-tank and dip every piece for 10 minutes-(clap) once every 5-7 days-(rock2) for 6 weeks-(laugh) while replacing the water in the QT tank on a weekly basis as well-rofloh and it helps to scrape off the eggs, but the dip every 5-7 days is supposed to kill off the newly hatched worms-(plotting)

Good luck J-Dog, but on the bright side, if you do have them, your tank is brand new and it'll be a cheap lesson learned vs finding them after things have encrusted.

I get to try out the above described process starting in a week or two-BAAAA and I dip, I just did not Q/T-I guess in hindsite look out for the eggs and quarantine-(the really suck *** part-they came from someone local (scary) so someone has AEFW and they have no clue-DOH!)

(backtotopic)

Not sure how often you change your filter sock, I have to do it weekly-sounds like their may be some nutrient issues going on in that tank of yours (scratch)

ah you gotta love this hobby-Blue_nods.gif

Or??? You can turkey Baste every acro in the tank evey 4 days and they will stay under see control. There are some amazing Sps tanks living with Aefw they just turkey baste 3 times a week.

No you just turkey baste them that's it. People have been doing this for years now. They aren't that kind so pest. Once they fly off they usually die or get eaten by a fish. Yes this will not treat the problem but it will keep them under control. I have had to deal with Aefw before and by turkey basting it's almost like there not there but of I stopped then they would return after a few weeks. Like brad said you can't just dip anymore since they lay eggs at the base of the coral and the eggs dot get affected by the dips.