Digital Aquatics Rocks

So some of you know that my ALC module for my lighting has not been working since the first month I got it. I tried to get DA to replace the unit and they said I could be without the module for up to 10 days. Well running an SPS tank I wasn't about to do that so I tried to fix it myself. needless to say it's still not working properly...(laugh)

I had posted on someones thread about the ALC module on Reefcentral just saying that they should buy a backup in case the first one breaks like mine did. Well Dan from DA saw my posting and offered to try and help. They knew that I had messed with the unit but they are sending me a new unit today! It hasn't worked for about 5 months now and even with me messing with it he is taking care of it! (clap)

Now keep in mind they won't typically do this and I wasn't even thinking they were going to since I knew I voided the warranty by opening the unit and unsoldering the parts that were bad, but they are doing it anyways! I was going to switch the another controller but with this type of customer service I think they just gained a customer for life.

Thanks Digital Aquatics and Dan!

Wow, after messing with the internal components getting a replacement is unheard of. I guess I know what controller I'm going with (not that I plan on tinkering with the inside of the electronics should something go wrong lol).

Sent from my fingers to your face using Tapatalk 2

I knew they were close and i was completely done with trying to get them to do anything but they asked me to contact them. I even have a circuit taken apart on the board and they are taking care of it. What they wouldn't do for me previously is exactly what i would have thought would have occurred from the beginning. Ship me a new unit i send the old one back. Either way looking forward to having sun up, sun down feature again on the tank.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've had numerous encounters with thier customer service, only one time did I feel that it could've been handled better. Overall personal rating 1-10= 8.5 I'd love to "hear" of numerous accounts of them throwing to the wayside thier verry own customers that have paid the initial pricey expence to get set-up with thier system. After all the system is designed to be a "growing" evolving system, the loss of customers in a buisness plan like that doesn't make a bit of sence. As I would imagine it's built around future sales of newly released products to go along with the "base system. I have a few good things you can hear, how about FREE replacement of PC-4, Free shipping to the and back to fix an issue with the head unit kinking bus cables (which has since been resolved in later versions) Not to mention thier website based model where they have people basically 24hr/7days a week to help in any way possible. I do like the APEX don't get me wrong. But DA is not a monster an I believe they will go the extra mile for thier customers. JMO THanks Harold B.

I've had numerous encounters with thier customer service' date=' only one time did I feel that it could've been handled better. Overall personal rating 1-10= 8.5 I'd love to "hear" of numerous accounts of them throwing to the wayside thier verry own customers that have paid the initial pricey expence to get set-up with thier system. After all the system is designed to be a "growing" evolving system, the loss of customers in a buisness plan like that doesn't make a bit of sence. As I would imagine it's built around future sales of newly released products to go along with the "base system. I have a few good things you can hear, how about FREE replacement of PC-4, Free shipping to the and back to fix an issue with the head unit kinking bus cables (which has since been resolved in later versions) Not to mention thier website based model where they have people basically 24hr/7days a week to help in any way possible. I do like the APEX don't get me wrong. But DA is not a monster an I believe they will go the extra mile for thier customers. JMO THanks Harold B.[/quote']

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2029200

This is someone simply interested in a cross section of owners while trying to decide what to buy. I can't in any way validate any one elses experiences but my own. You can't please everyone. I've seen that thread in the past. I'm aware of the waiting as software was delayed which stirred up alot of negative stuff. Like I said in my own personal experiences 1-10 = 8.5. JMO

Just an update. I got the new module and it doesn't work. I called and talked to tech support but figured i was doing something wrong so i kept working at it Monday night. Couldn't get it to work. Spent more time yesterday when i got home from work and found that sometimes there is an issue with the new update for the alc module. I reset the whole unit and started from scratch and the old module on the one output works great but nothing will turn on the new one. Sent him an email and he tested a new unit and sent another out today. Even though the product doesn't work this is really changing my mind on digital aquatics. Will let you all know when it works but I'm going to get the ato and a few other modules for it now..(clap)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2