need a solid answer on using T5s on a vho ballast

reefriot

So here's my problem. Bought a tank with dual 400 mh and 2x72" vhos on it. Don't want to run the MH as its starting out as a FOWLR tank. The vhos are ok but was thinking of switching over to T5s down the road. The ballast is a PFO EL 2-2. From the limited info I could find(most real old RC posts) its supposed to have 2 workhorse 7 ballast in it. That being said could I rewire it to run T5s. Some say yes and some say no. I was under the impression that T5s can be run off of a PC ballast and workhorse ballast run them. Want a solid answer before buying all the bulbs and endcaps.

Workhorse 7's will run T5's great!

They are rated for up to 220w. I had to swap out an old ballast in a T5 light not that long ago with a workhorse 6. I have a workhorse 7 laying around here still if you need one.

Also check out this thread. It sounds like you might have a Workhorse 5 installed not a 7.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/cfmarfaq2.htm

Thanks bud. Ill open it up tonite after lights out to confirm. I have used a lot of the workhorse ballast in the past but just got back into this hobby so T5s are new to me. I figured they would be fine as its still a flourescent bulb. Wish they had 72" T5s!