super glue question

frankb

I have been using loctite super glue gel control to attach coral frags to rocks in my tank. It seems I have to buy a lot because it comes in as a very small 4g tube. I am curious what types of glue do fellow reefers use out there. Thanks.

The ecotech glue is about on par with any other super glue I have used the nice thing is it comes in a large bottle so you dont have to keep restocking. cost wise it comes pretty close to the others when you account for the greater volume just make sure you dont get any saltwater in that big bottle or its all for not =)

I have used both the dollar store super glue 3 pack and the ic-gel. Lately its been harder to find the dollar store super glue in stock.... hrmmm might be some super glue abuser in the area besides me

Do you think reefjunkie (Brad) will go that far to buy all the glue? I know he lives in Portland but you never know. (whistle)

Dollar store super glue!!!!!!! They once kicked me out and would not sell me any glue. All because they asked me what I was doing with so much glue' date=' and I told them I was going to glue animals to rocks. Last Time I will be honest when telling them the use for my glue.[/quote']

I cannot stop laughing when I read this.(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Dollar store super glue!!!!!!! They once kicked me out and would not sell me any glue. All because they asked me what I was doing with so much glue' date=' and I told them I was going to glue animals to rocks. Last Time I will be honest when telling them the use for my glue.[/quote']

I cannot stop laughing when I read this.(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Spit coffee when I read it! Funny stuff!

I'm gonna buy you a beer for that one. LOL

If you do the math, per gram icgel comes out about the same if not a little cheaper than the 3 packs at the dollar store. I have switched to using it almost exclusively and to be honest it's so much thicker and works so much better that I would probably use it most of the time anyway. The echotech glue is also real thick and equates out to be very similar in price per gram as well. We have all of it in at the shop and Icgel is only $8.99 here. Stock up next time you are in if it makes sense. I know I used to buy it at some stores for $12-$15. It's just a good glue all around and really is worth the price.

The Dollar Tree is purely convenience for me, plus its a smaller tube and clogs less often-6g for a buck-thats a tough one to beat

Frank I rarely have appts in Roy's neck of the woods so its not me-You however thats another story. Fortunately my work has me all over the Portland Metro so if I'm near a store I stop and look for the free 50% packs, then I buy 20 or more(laugh)

You'ld better get to the store Frank-(whistle)

I like the new Two little fishies 2 oz tube. The new tube has a cool cap with a little needle that pokes back down into the tube to keep it from sealing shut. It's thick enough, though the Loctite gel is pretty nice to work with (but incredibly expensive for how much you get). The dollar tree glue works good too, but doesn't go very far.