so here is the plan

Ok I just got 2 radions and after a few days of constructing and about $30 bucks at Lowes the new mounting equipment I managed to get them 9 inches off the water as the hanging kit that you buy with them was only 5 inches so now it is looking really good. Anyway my main concern is more for the LED guys out there. I had 250W SE Radiums there that I replaced and after doing alot of reading I have come to this as the schedule i am keeping my normal lighting period or 9am to 9pm in Natural mode. I am starting it out at 50% for the first two weeks then going to increase it by 5% every week till I hit 80% or 85%. I am running the 2 radions on each end and still using one 250W MH in the center I think it looks good till I can get the 3rd radion. Thanks for any input.

P7150088.jpg

P7150089.jpg

P7150090.jpg

P7150091.jpg

What ballast are you using for the Radium? I'm thinking of switching from my 250w Radiums driven by M80m HQI ballasts to some type of LED fixture but I really love the look of the Radiums. The lights look very similar in your picture, and if that is only at 50%, it may have sold me on the Radion.

I am using the galaxy 250W electronic ballast the select-a-watt one and love it had great growth and great color. The reason I am trying these is the heat issue right now I am in a little apartment with a 180G tank and 60G sump and its just too hot during the day. I was skeptical about going LED again because I tried a DIY one from rapid LED and had nothing but problems so far the only negative thing I have to say about the Radions is the computer side of things for programming seems they just hurried threw it but easy once you figure it out. Besides that I am extreamly surprised how good they are and pleased with the radions. Got them on a steal of a deal for the 2 of them. Now just have to convince the wife on the 3rd one. LOL. wish me luck.