HELP! my frogspawn coral is dying...

ive had it about 2 weeks.. it isnt usually positioned the way its shown in the pic. i moved it to get a better photo.. but its just been declining this way since i got it. i checked the calcium level and it was at 400. i dont know if its starving or if its diseased and honestly i wouldnt really know what to do about either one. i was told theyre generally able to take care of themselves as far as feeding..

post-8912-141867789898_thumb.jpg

That looks dead or almost dead to me. What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? What are you using for lighting? Do you have any other coral? If so how is that doing? How long have you had the tank and have you ever dosed copper or other anti-parasite meds?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

no i havent.. and thats pretty much what i thought' date=' that its too far gone. should i just take it out of the tank? is it harmful to fish or invertebrates?[/quote']

The main concern would be the extra bio load of the dead coral increasing your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. I would check the water quality and do a water change just to be safe. This coral dieing means that there is something off in your tank and before you add anything else you should to find out what is wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2