FEMTO COMP POLE

Gill

FEMTO COMP POLE  

1. 1.

• YES: lift price restriction on ALL livestock
    • NO: only sessile inverts are outside the budget

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TAKE PART IN THE COMPETION.

I have been wondering if we shouldn't expand the budget exemption on sessile invertebrates to encompass ALL livestock. I feel this would open up a lot more possiblitys for everyone and it would also level the playing field between the Femto reefs and FOWLR femtos.

Ok so I think I sent everyone in the comp a PM, if I didn't sorry. I probably should have set a timer on the pole, but just so you know it closes Sunday night; this way everyone has a chance to spend that extra mulla they were saving for fishies. I was thinking majority rules but it is late in the game, so it may have to be unanimous??? Anyways feel free to state your positions concerns in this thread. oh ya I set the pole to be private so no one will know how you voted if you don't want them to. :)

Happy reefing/FOWLRing LOL. ;)

748419d8.jpg

I have no idea what that is, but I want one (naughty)

I'll stop' date=' I'll stop; I'm just excited about stocking!!! Can't believe I have to wait till September. LOL. :)[/quote']

I know, it is going to be so hard to look at an empty tank until then (nutty) I really don't think the cycle will take that long.

Ok after much thought I am voting to open this up a bit. I still might have to buy some kind of new lighting so it would be nice to use the rest of the $120 for that :) Plus I don't want to win just because of my stocking advantage (naner)

Sessile invertebrates are animals that are basically stuck in place. Corals are a good example, and I found out that nems are in this catagory too :)

Motile is the other class, they move under there own power. Snails, shrimp, and stars are good expanples.

The CUC crew can be added now through august if I'm not mistaken, but it can only cost $5. Sessile means that the animal stays in one place and invert just means the animal lacks a backbone. Basically we can keep any coral and it won't effect the budget. I think in the rules it says something like "yes this does mean you can keep an $800 chalice"-not a direct quote. I was thinking about a reef but I also really like the idea of a cool fish or mantis, maybe even a tiny octopus. Pygmy seahourses would be cool too.

The CUC crew can be added now through august if I'm not mistaken' date=' but it can only cost $5. Sessile means that the animal stays in one place and invert just means the animal lacks a backbone. Basically we can keep any coral and it won't effect the budget. I think in the rules it says something like "yes this does mean you can keep an $800 chalice"-not a direct quote. I was thinking about a reef but I also really like the idea of a cool fish or mantis, maybe even a tiny octopus. Pygmy seahourses would be cool too.[/quote']

I love it, seems like everyone is thinking big while going small :)

Its amazing what you can do with a little tank; it just takes more and more attention the farther you push it. I kept a blue tang happy in a 2.5. I was mixing up a lot of saltwater though. LOL ;) I am really excited to see what people can do with SPS, we might even see some branches reaching the surface of someones femto by the end of the year. :)

so just to clearify a clam is a sessile invery and a turbo snail is considered an invert correct. and i can go and and start adding a clean up crew up to $5 just want to make sure dont want to be breaking the rules. and im still stuck on what im going to do as for corals and fish. cause i would like to do both but i love the idea of a clam and i thought hard about sea horses but they are just so touchy from what i have read and heard. and also i hear they can be pretty pricy so.....(scratch)

so just to clearify a clam is a sessile invery and a turbo snail is considered an invert correct. and i can go and and start adding a clean up crew up to $5 just want to make sure dont want to be breaking the rules. and im still stuck on what im going to do as for corals and fish. cause i would like to do both but i love the idea of a clam and i thought hard about sea horses but they are just so touchy from what i have read and heard. and also i hear they can be pretty pricy so.....(scratch)

Too small for horses. I just setup a 30 gallon cube for 2 3" horses

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Too small for horses. I just setup a 30 gallon cube for 2 3" horses

It may be possible to keep one Pygmy, it would most Likly require daily water changes though. The pygmys are smaller than a fingernail. You definitly know more about it than I do Jesse. :)

It may be possible to keep one Pygmy' date=' it would most Likly require daily water changes though. The pygmys are smaller than a fingernail. You definitly know more about it than I do Jesse. :)[/quote']

That's not saying much. I'm only into this for about 3 Weeks..lol.

That's not saying much. I'm only into this for about 3 Weeks..lol.

3 months more than me LOL. From what I have read the pygmys are usually bred in a 5 gallon ; much larger groups (10 or more ) can be kept in a 10 gallon. Less than a gallon is defitintly pushinging it, and would require intenece devotion but I believe it could be done .

so just one more question what are we lifting the price for exactly to be able to add nice clams or or a cool fish correct that might be a little more expensive

I believe there is already no limit on clams/corals (sessile invertebrates) and what Gill is trying to change is the limit on fish and inverts that move (motile invertebrates).

so just one more question what are we lifting the price for exactly to be able to add nice clams or or a cool fish correct that might be a little more expensive

Currently we can do a really cool little reef, with all different kinds of zoas, chalices, acans, yumas without including it in your budget. However if we want to do a fish, cephalopod or mantis it has to fit within the budget.

I still don't know if I am going to do SPS/clam, softies or FOWLR. I just think we will all have more fun in September if we open this up a little. This would also solve a discrepancy between the reefs and the fowlrs; namley that the reefs have a financial advantage.