PNWMAS Tanks for Teachers program donation help

ryan in salem

Hi fellow PNWMAS members,

This is ryan (AKA ryan in salem on the forum) and I’ve been involved in the Tanks for Teachers program for the past year. I was fortunate enough to have a 29g tank for my class last year. The kids loved learning about the tank and it created a lot of interest in the hobby for students, parents, and fellow teachers.

This is where I need your help. I was even more fortunate this year to have someone donate a 90g tank, 55g sump, and stand. I am conducting a fundraiser to be able to purchase the needed items to complete this tank. I’ve been a reef tank enthusiast/addict for many years with my own home tanks and really need your help getting this tank up and working. I work in a charter school, am raising a family, and make about half of a standard teacher so unfortunately I can’t purchase all of what I need. I plan on spending quite a bit of time sanding, painting, and building a hood with my own funds.

Let me know if you can donate anything for the cause. Specifically, I need a skimmer, return pump, lighting for softies, salt mix, and a heater. It would be nice to have some kind of wave maker, extra heater, a reactor for GFO, GFO, and carbon.

Thank you,

Ryan Comer

Tanks for Teachers

503-510-1210