Bubble Max Skimmers

Mitchell

Does anyone use bubble max skimmers on here? If so how well do they perform against a name brand skimmer? I noticed that the top of the skimmer doesn't come off, so how do you clean it? Is the pump loud that runs it? And would a bubble max 2500 be large enough for my 180 gallon?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Does anyone use bubble max skimmers on here? If so how well do they perform against a name brand skimmer? I noticed that the top of the skimmer doesn't come off, so how do you clean it? Is the pump loud that runs it? And would a bubble max 2500 be large enough for my 180 gallon?

Thanks!

I ran a 2500 on my 120 and it was enough. I would suggest more on the lines of a 3500 if you plan on having a decent amount of livestock on it. Not sure what you mean by the top of the skimmer doesn't come off? Are you talking about the skimate cup? It does come off.

Are you looking for a new skimmer?

Yes I am.

I ran a 2500 on my 120 and it was enough. I would suggest more on the lines of a 3500 if you plan on having a decent amount of livestock on it. Not sure what you mean by the top of the skimmer doesn't come off? Are you talking about the skimate cup? It does come off.

How tall is your 3500? I have limited room in my cabinet. Yeah I am talking about the skim-mate cup, the one I looked at at westside today didn't seem to come off.

Yes I am.

How tall is your 3500? I have limited room in my cabinet. Yeah I am talking about the skim-mate cup, the one I looked at at westside today didn't seem to come off.

I have the older model that Ruben used to make. It still skims like a champ but doesn't have the bubble plate. The newer one is not as wide as the one I have. I can measure it in the morning for you but the newer ones are taller for sure.

Archived