29 Gallon Biocube Reef build

NoobtoSalt

Corals are doing great even with the cycle. I only have the Mandarin for live stock as well as my cleaner shrimp and a handful of snails and hermits. I'm getting the bloom all over the tank right now so I'm hoping this will fix the issues. I decided to wait on getting a skimmer since I'm doing water changes often as well as limited live stock. I plan on adding a few clams and zoas over the next few weeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping things will smooth out for you soon Jesse!!!! Glad to see your sticking with it though.

Yeah I'm trying to keep it cool. Driving me nuts having to go through a cycle again. Was a bit worried about the Mandarin but he seems to be doing fine so far

Yeah I'm trying to keep it cool. Driving me nuts having to go through a cycle again. Was a bit worried about the Mandarin but he seems to be doing fine so far

Dont worry Noob, here is a pic of my tank to cheer you up:)

121007_003_zpsfe3c8d5b.jpg

see those corals on the left and the little itty bitty one in the middle of tank...

Jesse your tank will be colorful with corals in no time. I hate the cycling faze.

Maybe. I might be going a different direction again. Too many things going on in my head on this tank. Thinking i might just need to step away from it for awhile and do something else.

Hey jesse did you ever check in to what we talked about on the phone, about the chem in the water supply? Sorry to see such a great guy go thru this if there is any thing I can do LMK, if you get back into sps LMK like I said the frags I got from you, you can always get back when your rdy.. have a few very hardy softies and other things and quite a selection of zoas, I could help you out with frags if you decide to go that direction.. free of charge. Dang man so sorry for all your prob. wish there was something I could do to help.

Hey jesse did you ever check in to what we talked about on the phone' date=' about the chem in the water supply? Sorry to see such a great guy go thru this if there is any thing I can do LMK, if you get back into sps LMK like I said the frags I got from you, you can always get back when your rdy.. have a few very hardy softies and other things and quite a selection of zoas, I could help you out with frags if you decide to go that direction.. free of charge. Dang man so sorry for all your prob. wish there was something I could do to help.[/quote']

Thanks bud. I'm actually heading out in just a few to pick up a new project...(whistle) a new thread will likely be up soon.....

How much did you pay to "rent" him? I almost want you to drop him in my tank for a few days first lol. May be hard to find and recover out of my 90 though....

I'm getting full credit back for him. Need a cuc anyways so this worked out great.

• 2 weeks later...

Well although this tank has been fun I might be breaking it down over the next few weeks. I've had a back injury that has been giving me issues since June. It has gotten much worse over the past few weeks and I've been putting off getting an MRI due to the costs. Well I went in today to talk to the doctor and he said the same thing as all of the others. So with that being said I don't have much left as far as corals in this tank but I will need to make as much money as possible to pay for the cost of my MRI ($2000+). Was not planning on doing this but my back is much more important than the hobby. I might still keep the jellyfish art tank around but we will see after I sell off the cube..(sad)

Well although this tank has been fun I might be breaking it down over the next few weeks. I've had a back injury that has been giving me issues since June. It has gotten much worse over the past few weeks and I've been putting off getting an MRI due to the costs. Well I went in today to talk to the doctor and he said the same thing as all of the others. So with that being said I don't have much left as far as corals in this tank but I will need to make as much money as possible to pay for the cost of my MRI ($2000+). Was not planning on doing this but my back is much more important than the hobby. I might still keep the jellyfish art tank around but we will see after I sell off the cube..(sad)

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your back Jesse. You should check with Brad about who his wife saw for her back issues. I still have that TEC Watermelon chalice you won. I know you were going to donate part of it to TFT but if you wanted to sell it to help fund your MRI I would happy to post an updated picture of it.

Yikes man' date=' I take it insurance won't help with the bill? Good luck, hope you get it resolved quickly! Back pain is no joke, my Dad has had issues for years. Definately get it fixed before fixing a reef lol[/quote']

My insurance kicks in after my $1500 deductible and after that they pay 80%.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your back Jesse. You should check with Brad about who his wife saw for her back issues. I still have that TEC Watermelon chalice you won. I know you were going to donate part of it to TFT but if you wanted to sell it to help fund your MRI I would happy to post an updated picture of it.

I wouldn't do that after i offered it up to tft but thank you for the thought. Once its big enough to frag i will sell off my portion but not the other one.

The biggest thing that sucks is that i don't have many nice corals anymore because of the crash so i won't get a lot of money from selling off frags. Going to talk it over with my wife tonight and decide from there

Oh man sorry to hear about this. If the back is not in order it can make your life miserable :(

If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Oh man sorry to hear about this. If the back is not in order it can make your life miserable :(

If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Man...sorry to hear. I am in Vancouver too' date=' so if you need help - I know I am a total stranger, but you all here are the closest thing I have to local friends so far.[/quote']

Thanks you guys. I'm going to wait a few weeks and see what's in order after the mri. If i need surgery I'm going to have to sell it all off for sure.

Had my mri Monday got some of the results today. Not looking great at this point and will likely need surgery. Meeting with a neurosurgeon in the next few weeks and will know from there but this tank will likely come down to help pay bills while I'm out of work. :(