29 Gallon Biocube Reef build

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, the reef breeders I like but then again there is NO review on them or PAR test they just "claim" they have 300PAR on sandbed and the kessil is going on my 10g. I'd do LEDs but ive honestly heard more negative feedback then positive and with the way they are producing them soon enough here they will be getting ALOT cheaper. I just went with the MH cause I got it for 2 payments of $50 cause he understands the situation I'm in. So this way I can upgrade everything else,

Also another reason I went with the MH is the proof from the years and years they have been out to produce great growth, I know a 100% in 6 months my PAR isn't going to be crap and my corals will thrive. Just my opinion..

I love the LED idea, and I think the colors they put out make corals pop and are clean. But it's just not enough PosFeedback for me to make the $300 pricy jump.

I look at it this way, I just saved $200 to go towards other things.

I had a firefish hide for a week or so, just needed another one to draw him out, he never hid as much when he had a buddy, but no amount of food would get him out, is there any other fish that are more aggresive that would cause him to hide. Cause my trigger made my firefish hide initially

I had a firefish hide for a week or so' date=' just needed another one to draw him out, he never hid as much when he had a buddy, but no amount of food would get him out, is there any other fish that are more aggresive that would cause him to hide. Cause my trigger made my firefish hide initially[/quote']

The only fish I have in the tank is the helfenrichi and the mandarin. Nothing aggressive. I'm not going to get another $100 fish just to see if he's in the tank though. I will wait another week and decide what I plan to do with another fish if he didn't make it. Just sucks loosing 2 of them now if this is the case.

Thanks. I think I might have lost the other helfrichi firefish over the past few days. I haven't seen him since Friday. I'm really hoping it's just hiding and will come out over the next few days. I've been feeding more frequently just to entice him to come out. Hope it works..:(

Sorry to hear he is MIA, hopefully he will come out and play soon. Funny how its always the expencive fish to dissaprear (nutty)

Thanks. I think I might have lost the other helfrichi firefish over the past few days. I haven't seen him since Friday. I'm really hoping it's just hiding and will come out over the next few days. I've been feeding more frequently just to entice him to come out. Hope it works..:(

Sorry to hear he is MIA, hopefully he will come out and play soon. Funny how its always the expencive fish to dissaprear (nutty)

How many fish you get? I heard they got nice corals right now.

The coral selection was ok, nothing special at least not for my taste. They did have a huge selection of fish though.

I was able to snag a really nice looking McCosker's wrasse and a pair of picasso clowns. Was really hoping to score some from Dave before he shut down but these guys are still cute none the less. One of the clowns is hiding in the top right corner of the tank and the other seems to have paired up with the wrasse...(laugh)

2012-09-08_14-47-57_493.jpg

2012-09-08_14-47-20_159.jpg

ouch' date=' you think them dying and fish could be linked at all?[/quote']

I think my corals are fighting with each other chalice and birdsnest, as far as one of the other pieces it might be from the slim coat the wrasse uses at night on one of the sps pieces.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just got home and just before my lights turned out i took a look at the tank, almost none of my corals have polyp extension and all of my digi colonies up top look terrible. I did a ten gallon water change earlier this morning will do some tests in the morning but i might not have much to look at during the meeting at this point.. (flame)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well I just checked the tank again and it looks like I might have had a crash..(sad) Half of the tank is dead right now and I have no idea what the heck happened. I'm going to be working on it most of the morning and I will post up my findings but this sucks to loose so much in a short amount of time. The only thing I have added recently was the fish and I doubt that they are the cause to this.

Sorry to hear this, temp swing? Faulty heater? Amonia spike(just happened to me, close call)? Any weird arosols used in the air?

Just trying to trouble shoot. I had a crash years ago due to a heater that decided to not turn off.

I moved a chalice and thought maybe it was causing it but there is no way that the top of the tank would have been effected from it with the way the flow is in the tank. As far as heater and tank the temp is staying the same at 78 like always. I'm going to do some testing for the rest but I just did a 10 gallon water change yesterday so I would think that would have reduced any sort of variables. The only thing I can think of is that the water was not at the proper salinity but I still have never seen that much coral die so fast. Will keep everyone posted but it's going to be a pretty sad meeting....(sad)