29 Gallon Biocube Reef build

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Getting crowded fast! Good luck with the clams' date=' I started with 6 and now only have 2 :( they are decently hard to keep alive.[/quote']

Ouch... Sorry to hear. I haven't lost a clam yet. I've had one of them for a few months now and the other two for about a month. I've only had 1 other clam then these three and Brad (reefnjunkie) got that one. Not sure if he still has it or not but it was a nice looking maxima as well. Had it in the 120 gallon a long time ago. I am definately running out of room. I decided to pull the frag rack out completely and glue down the sps frags that I had sitting in the rack and placed the zoas and acans on the sandbed.

DSC_0045-2.jpg

DSC_0042-7.jpg

DSC_0040-6.jpg

DSC_0039-6.jpg

DSC_0041-7.jpg

DSC_0043-3.jpg

• 1 month later...

You take good pictures with it its just the blue is overpowering in most of the shots the cell phone pics the colors were nice and clear The tank is looking great now that the frag rack is out it looks even better. Those are some purdy clams =)

Humm...... I still see a few patches of live rock showing. I think its time for another TECO order for you to fill it in. (whistle)

Looking good buddy, the SPS corals look like they are growing nicely :)

There's a little bit of live rock showing still but not much anymore.. I'm thinking when I get back from Vegas next month I will setup another group buy order if possible with TECO. That is if I come back with any funds...DOH!

• 1 month later...

So the acan colony is gone from the tank so i had to add a few more pieces of sps to it. I won't post what i got for a few weeks so that people will be able to see what sweet sps frags (mini colonies) that madmike is selling but lets just say i rushed home to drool on the tank a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

added all sorts of stuff to the tank over the past month or so. No pictures tonight but the SPS that I got from madmike are doing great. I have sold off some of the acans in the tank, aquired some new acans, chalice, and sps. I also added a SL1 module and pH probe to the tank today thanks to Toby. I'm waiting this week to get my aqualifter pump in the mail along with the float valve so I can setup my automated auto top off system. I'm slowly working on having this tank become more automated.

I saw this tank today and it looks sooooo Sweet!!!! The picks really don't due it justice, all that blue you see in the pics really makes the corals pop!!! Jesse I think you need to play around with this white balance thing everyone talks about; just don't ask me cause all I know how to do is point and shoot. LOL.

I saw this tank today and it looks sooooo Sweet!!!! The picks really don't due it justice' date=' all that blue you see in the pics really makes the corals pop!!! Jesse I think you need to play around with this white balance thing everyone talks about; just don't ask me cause all I know how to do is point and shoot. LOL.[/quote']

Yeah still working on the pictures. Here's a few I just took since Steve (Smann) was talking some smack...(laugh)

DSC_0427-1.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0401-1.jpg

DSC_0387-1.jpg

Your tank looks awesome man. Mines pretty empty, but I see your rock setup, and I'm thinking when I move I'm going to do the same. I was reading through, and may have missed it but, where'd you get your led setup

HTC EVO

Rapidled.com your welcome to setup a time to come check it out if you want

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome little cube!! Good job do far!

Thanks. I think I might have lost the other helfrichi firefish over the past few days. I haven't seen him since Friday. I'm really hoping it's just hiding and will come out over the next few days. I've been feeding more frequently just to entice him to come out. Hope it works..:(