Group buy on BPC Flamethrower

Bigjohnwoody

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy on BPC Flamethrower. It's from "m and m" on R2R. He wants 900 shipped for a 3 eye piece. He said its not quite ready to be split three ways, so it would need to grow some. I was hoping for at least 5 total so it would be 180pp. We wait till it grows out for it to be split 5 ways and we all get one heck of a deal. Let me know.... Thanks. I'll try and get pics from him and let everyone see if interested.

Kim I know it's a super slow grower. I'm hoping since its already a three eye piece that it will grow a little faster than say a one eye piece. By the time it grows out you should have your issues all resolved. We can figure out who we want to grow it out. My vote is not you. rofl

Kim I know it's a super slow grower. I'm hoping since its already a three eye piece that it will grow a little faster than say a one eye piece. By the time it grows out you should have your issues all resolved. We can figure out who we want to grow it out. My vote is not you. rofl

My vote is not me as a grower either John! (laugh) Sorry buddy I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I know the BPC flamegrower is the holy grail for a lot of the coral addicts but it never really did anything for me. You should try to get a frag of Jody's Woodstock chalice they look almost exactly the same!

I do believe the Junkie has this chalice so you may just want to hit him up for the first frag.

Seems sooooo risky. 180 per person. Then you have to ship the coral. Then successfully grow it. And then successfully frag it. That 180 is tied up awhile in a huge risk. What does the grower get for biting his nails for a few months?

The grower gets a nice manicure! :). It's also likely going to be more than a few months.

My vote is not me as a grower either John! (laugh) Sorry buddy I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I know the BPC flamegrower is the holy grail for a lot of the coral addicts but it never really did anything for me. You should try to get a frag of Jody's Woodstock chalice they look almost exactly the same!

I do believe the Junkie has this chalice so you may just want to hit him up for the first frag.

The grower gets a nice manicure! :). It's also likely going to be more than a few months.

He has hit me up already-Hense the group buy-(laugh) I said I would not mind fragging and it would be 250-300 an eye but it would be closer to 2013/2014 before its ready DOH!

Its the King of slow growers-My purple Monster grows faster.

I had to edit my reply-I cant be tempted to buy into this, I was thinking about it (I'm a hoarder) but just must say no.

Good luck John

Seems sooooo risky. 180 per person. Then you have to ship the coral. Then successfully grow it. And then successfully frag it. That 180 is tied up awhile in a huge risk. What does the grower get for biting his nails for a few months?

All group buys or any time you buy a coral it's a risk. You already know that though:). I just thought it would be a good way for people to get there hands on this piece. If you can find it, it runs around 350-400 bucks per eye shipped. That's if you can find it though. It has held its value extremely well and is an awesome piece. Figured it would be a huge stretch trying to get this going on this site as it seems there are a small amount of people collecting high end LE pieces. Then you have to catch the people that do want it at the right time, when they have money(laugh). Like I said it was a far shot, but still worth one:). Like Emerald said the grower gets the pleasure of having the piece in there tank and will not be held responsible if anything happens to the piece.

Yup, hit up reefie and Reefboy for this and both will frag it for me when it's ready, but I want it now(laugh). Chances are I'm gonna have to wait for you guys though:(. I guess you guys can have a grow out competition and see who can grow it faster(laugh).

He has hit me up already-Hense the group buy-(laugh) I said I would not mind fragging and it would be 250-300 an eye but it would be closer to 2013/2014 before its ready DOH!

Its the King of slow growers-My purple Monster grows faster.

I had to edit my reply-I cant be tempted to buy into this, I was thinking about it (I'm a hoarder) but just must say no.

Good luck John

All group buys or any time you buy a coral it's a risk. You already know that though:). I just thought it would be a good way for people to get there hands on this piece. If you can find it' date=' it runs around 350-400 bucks per eye shipped. That's if you can find it though. It has held its value extremely well and is an awesome piece. Figured it would be a huge stretch trying to get this going on this site as it seems there are a small amount of people collecting high end LE pieces. Then you have to catch the people that do want it at the right time, when they have money(laugh). Like I said it was a far shot, but still worth one:). Like Emerald said the grower gets the pleasure of having the piece in there tank and will not be held responsible if anything happens to the piece.[/quote']

I will let you know John if I find a reasonable price for one. I did see a 3 eye frag for 500 dollars once and bought it but then cancelled the deal as the dude took forever to ship it. I'm talking like 3 months.

Archived