hydor photo cell

frlejo

i have a hydor wavemaker 2, i want to make up my own photocell setup to slow the pump down at night. any one have any insight? i guess it would be a 12 volt cell? do they come in different values? anyone know of a local supplier? radio shack does not thx

I dont know about 12v photo cells unless the pump is 12v.Would you not want to use a 120v photo cell to interupt the power to the pump. You can pick those up at most hardware stores for about $10.

the way i read this page, they are 12 volt pumps, so i am looking for a 12 volt photocell

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=hydor+wavemaker+2&hl=en&client=ubuntu&hs=biv&channel=fs&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=628&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5175338187956650159&sa=X&ei=0xIGT5KiD5H-iQLd4OhD&ved=0CHkQ8wIwAA so am

Ah I gotcha I was thinking the photo cell would be wired in to the line coming ing from the wall not going out from the controller. Found this on amazon looks like it might be the ticket for only 25 dollars. I looked at some of the others being sold and they ran from around 10 -200 dollars so this is not a bad deal and its made to work with your system. =)

Koralia Photocell Day/Night Sensor for use with 12V Koralia Wavemaker Systems by Hydor USA

Buy new: $28.95 $26.24

8 new from $24.94

Get it by Monday, Jan 9 if you order in the next 22 hours and choose one-day shipping.

Only 11 left in stock - order soon.

(1)Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.

Pet Supplies: See all items

so much for that thought, i called digikey, which is the company this link is for, big electronics supply house. they cannot match what the hydor cell does, since all photocells, (at least 12 volt), still have some resistance, even when it is daylight. so i would have to build a circuit to compensate for that, otherwise i could blow out the photocell, since the cell could not handle the wattage from the pumps if i turned them up too high. bummer

Archived