Crazy SPS

NoobtoSalt

Alright well as many of you know I've been breaking down my tank for the past week or so. Well I was moving around some rock tonight and low and behold I found some type of acro growing on my rock that I had no idea was there. It's only a couple inches big at the most but it has a lot of sprouts out of it. I'm no SPS guy for sure but it looks pretty cool. Any chance this thing will continue to thrive? I just got to thinking and I had fragged what I thought was the whole thing off this rock many months ago to another member here when I was breaking down the 120 gallon. I was going to put the rock in a tub in the next few days but I guess I will hold off for now until I get my little nano going. Maybe if Smann (Steve) see's the thread he can post up a picture of the original piece that I sold him.

Either way just thought this was kind of cool.

DSC_0143-3.jpg

It'll grow, I had 1 acro I sold off to Kim and Beth about a year+ ago that now has grown back into a small colony, I thought I popped the whole piece of the rock but there was a sliver left that grew-

It'll just take some time

Well I guess I'm not selling off this rock anymore then... I really liked that piece to begin with but didn't want to kill off the sps. This piece has been in the shade the whole time so I have no idea how it was able to stick around for so long. Maybe this is my ticket into sps again...DOH!

• 2 months later...
Alright well as many of you know I've been breaking down my tank for the past week or so. Well I was moving around some rock tonight and low and behold I found some type of acro growing on my rock that I had no idea was there. It's only a couple inches big at the most but it has a lot of sprouts out of it. I'm no SPS guy for sure but it looks pretty cool. Any chance this thing will continue to thrive? I just got to thinking and I had fragged what I thought was the whole thing off this rock many months ago to another member here when I was breaking down the 120 gallon. I was going to put the rock in a tub in the next few days but I guess I will hold off for now until I get my little nano going. Maybe if Smann (Steve) see's the thread he can post up a picture of the original piece that I sold him.

Either way just thought this was kind of cool.

DSC_0143-3.jpg

if you ever want to sell/trade I will be more then willing to

You know what's funny was I was looking for this thread not that long ago to post up an updated picture of it. It's a bit bigger now and a lot more color now that I have LED's on the tank...

I'm sure we could do some trades again down the road on some of your precious monti's.....(whistle)

You know what's funny was I was looking for this thread not that long ago to post up an updated picture of it. It's a bit bigger now and a lot more color now that I have LED's on the tank...

I'm sure we could do some trades again down the road on some of your precious monti's.....(whistle)

haha well now you found it (clap)

but yeah we could do that ive actually been wanting to trade some in ill have to take some pictures and send them to you and see what you like