Apex Neptune programming questions

huskerduck

I bought an Apex Jr. with a VDM module to control my LED lighting and everything seems to be running sweet. It took some time to decipher their instructions and get all 4 different drivers ramping up separately and mimicking sunrise, sunset and moon rise and set, I must be getting old and crusty but seriously can't they have a slightly upgraded GUI that doesn't look and feel like Im using a 1989 Packard Bell computer?

Now, the moon rise is every night and thats not what I want, I also want some cloudy days involved and might want to try a lightning storm just to say I did it. Do any of you apex owners have things scheduled for certain days

So heres my command for my Royal Blues

Fallback Off

Set Off

If Time 08:00 to 10:00 Then PF1 ( this is my ramp up profile)

If Time 10:00 to 19:00 Then On

If Time 19:00 to 22:00 Then PF2 ( this is ramp down profile)

Can I add something like If Thursday or If Thursday Friday Sunday type things in there? Im already guessing you can not do a lightning flash because it doesn't break down in to seconds correct?

wow, I didn't know they had a VDM module... see how out of date on the APEX you become once you set it and never have to do anything again but enjoy the tank!

check out the reefcentral neptune forum... there are about the most skilled users of these anywhere willing to help there. Im not sure if the search function is still hokey for non paying members, but I am a paying member so I am able to search for "lightning" under the neptune subforum and there are a bunch of answers to this question.....

I looked around real quick and one of the answers to someone asking for lighting was

"lightning only works for the AI LED Lights

as far as cloud cover not sure if that works with regular led lights or not"

so im not sure you will be able to do lighting with the system as it is but I just looked really quickly, there a ton of threads on weather over there.

wow, I didn't know they had a VDM module... see how out of date on the APEX you become once you set it and never have to do anything again but enjoy the tank!

check out the reefcentral neptune forum... there are about the most skilled users of these anywhere willing to help there. Im not sure if the search function is still hokey for non paying members, but I am a paying member so I am able to search for "lightning" under the neptune subforum and there are a bunch of answers to this question.....

I looked around real quick and one of the answers to someone asking for lighting was

"lightning only works for the AI LED Lights

as far as cloud cover not sure if that works with regular led lights or not"

so im not sure you will be able to do lighting with the system as it is but I just looked really quickly, there a ton of threads on weather over there.

Hey Mike!

Yeah I can do weather with clouds and such but it repeats every day, I tried searching around over there some but they all talk about the AI Sols and such. Us DIYers are kinda stuck to DIY ;)

I need to find out when Daniks hangin around and get back up to you this week, next time you talk to him see when a good time is to visit.

Your corals are loving the natural ramping the VDM supplies. Its so cool to have everything go slow and control it from an android!

Nice Sig there, thing about melts my eyes on my Mac!

I'm not sure, but I think dan is out of town until the 2nd or so, i'll see what hes up to next weekend, you gonna be around?

Glad to hear the corals are doing well. I finally got off my arse and downloaded photoshop CS6 and shooting raw, I'm able to finally color correct for all of the blue lighting. I was able to merge about 25 photos into one large panorama, here is my attempt.

TankMerge1.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think dan is out of town until the 2nd or so, i'll see what hes up to next weekend, you gonna be around?

Glad to hear the corals are doing well. I finally got off my arse and downloaded photoshop CS6 and shooting raw, I'm able to finally color correct for all of the blue lighting. I was able to merge about 25 photos into one large panorama, here is my attempt.

TankMerge1.jpg

Yeah Im good pretty much any time for coming up, let me know when Daniks going to be around, I would love to see what a year and a half has done to his tank,

Nice picture, looks awesome. I use CS5 havent tried 6 yet

yes CS6 hasn't been officially released yet but I found a working beta :)

Have you read the unofficial apex new user guide? If you search that term in google the first hit will get you the PDF. There is an explination on page 54 about Day of the week commands and what you can do on specific days, you should check it out.

And I just talked to Dan, hes available Sat or Sun after 6pm so just let me know what day you want to come up and we can stop by his place.

yes CS6 hasn't been officially released yet but I found a working beta :)

Have you read the unofficial apex new user guide? If you search that term in google the first hit will get you the PDF. There is an explination on page 54 about Day of the week commands and what you can do on specific days, you should check it out.

And I just talked to Dan, hes available Sat or Sun after 6pm so just let me know what day you want to come up and we can stop by his place.

Ahhh betas, gotta love um! If you want to fix your outer edges of your tank where it looks like a Bowfront from the stitching look for a Puppet Warp (or something to that effect) and you can re-adjust the curvature back out of the stitch, might take some playing around to figure out but you can stretch the water and sand areas to make your bottom edge straight. Sat or Sun sounds good!