Tank suggestions?

Islandoftiki

Hey folks,

So, my girlfriend has fallen in love with the little sixline that's been cleaning up the flatworms in my pico. So, it looks like I'm going to be setting up a bigger tank for the sixline. I plan to keep the pico running as well.

So, I will need to keep it small. 10 to 20 gallons I think, and I'd like to do a long tank. I've been considering the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon tank, but I'd have to have a custom cover made (the tank can't be topless as my girlfriend has an African Grey who occasionally likes to attempt to fly and could possibly crash into open tank).

I'm also considering going with acrylic and possibly having one custom made.

I've also been thinking that building an AIO long tank would be pretty cool.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a custom builder or know of a good off-the-shelf tank?

I found one that I really like on Micro-Reefs.com that's a 24 x 10 x 8. I asked them if they could do it in a 24 x 10 x 10 with a lid and they can for a very reasonable price. I like the look of their pico tanks, so I'll probably go with that, and couple it with an Aquaclear 70 HOB filter. Not sure what to use for a powerhead yet.

The tank is ordered. They're excited about it, too. They're going to be posting pictures of it on nano-reef.com as soon as it's done and adding it to their line-up of available tanks.

I'm going to try to have this tank up and cycled ASAP. I'm going to try to go with fully cured live rock. That's what I did with my 2 gallon pico and I had nearly no cycle time on that tank. It was ready in a couple days although I waited two weeks to start stocking it.

For what it's worth, my sixline is still doing great; hasn't grown too big yet. Two of my hermit crabs have kinda outgrown my pico. They're coming out today and going back to the LFS and being replaced by two tiny blue-legged hermits and one scarlet legged hermit. My mexican red legged hermit was getting too big and too aggressive. I also had a hitchhiker white legged hermit, but I'll send him on to do good in someone's larger tank.

Archived