moving, i need some advice

kschaefers

So at the end of the month I'm moving and every day that goes by I get more worried about how I'm going to move this tank. Catching the fish shouldn't be a problem besides the pistol shrimp and goby but I'm not sure what to do about water storage and transport and all that. I'm in need of some helpful information so I don't screw this up, I know its probably easy but I tend to over think things.

How far are you moving?

I would try to get as much water out as possible before stirring up any detritus. Get all the fish in bags and in a cooler. Don't worry about the pistol shrimp (I just wouldn't pick it up with your hand) and I would keep it together with your goby. Buckets with lids work great for moving rock around, you want to make sure that your rock stays wet. If you want/need help moving, I think you still have my number.

How far are you moving?

I would try to get as much water out as possible before stirring up any detritus. Get all the fish in bags and in a cooler. Don't worry about the pistol shrimp (I just wouldn't pick it up with your hand) and I would keep it together with your goby. Buckets with lids work great for moving rock around, you want to make sure that your rock stays wet. If you want/need help moving, I think you still have my number.

This about covers it! You can add a battery powered air pump if you think they will be in the containers for awhile.

How far are you moving?

This about covers it! You can add a battery powered air pump if you think they will be in the containers for awhile.

You can stop by the LFS to get some bags. When I moved my 100gal 20 mins away, I saved several water changes enough to fill 2x 55gal drums, got lots of bags from Patrick and Woody's, several totes and bucket. Took 4 hrs to take it apart and 12 hrs to put it back together all the fish and corals survived but I was tired and I did it myself

Don't worry about the pistol shrimp (I just wouldn't pick it up with your hand) and I would keep it together with your goby.

I think the worry about the pistol is catching it...I'm gonna be in this same boat when I move to a 90...I got lucky that my pistol moved from the 0 nano it was from to my 55 on a piece of rock...I didn't know it though and spent about an hour sifting through the sand to find him. Eventually I gave up and thought he must have died...then I saw him in the 55with his goby...weird!

Archived