Good coral for top of tank, high flow?

souperman

I have a nice spot at the very top of my tank pretty much directly in front of my MP40. My lighting is a 6-lamp Tek T5 fixture. What would be a nice coral that could thrive in strong direct current and bright lights? I was thinking about a purple cap, but something that'd grow up and branch would be cool too.

Personally I wouldn't put a coral directly in front of an MP40. It is debatable wether or not the Sps will survive, but the main reason I would leave the coral out altogether is because it may inhibit the effectiveness of the Mp40.

If I was gonna put anything right in front it'd be a encrusting montipora.

I have a frag of sunset monti I got from Garrett I was thinking about putting up there. It has really big polyps for a monti tho and I'm woried it get pissed. A plating coral might be a bad idea if I don't want to create lots of shadow, and I could see a branching coral blocking my MP40. I guess some sort of encrusting coral might be best.

Garrett I'm not allowed in the shop until after Christmas :) I'm hoping you'll still have one of those Royal Grandmas. I want to add one of those and maybe a wrasse (6-line or Melenarus) will be the next to rotate through QT.