burglary

Burningbaal

ya it's cheap deterant at least ..... lived on a dead end street once and a neighbor had his front dor kicked in he was the only one on the block that didn't have a sign in his yard, after he spent 1500 on a steel door and 800 for the frame so a 10$ sticker or 20 sign can help alot

Sorry to hear about this, it is too true there are just some really bad people out there, and the nativity set just proves it. They have alarms at home depot that are really load, about 15$. They go in the door frame or window and would make any 1 jump. Neighbors would hear them for sure. Might help I personally like the camera idea, cosco was selling those setups for about 250$ well worth it, if not there frys electronics would have 1 for sure. I really hope you at least find the nativity set, though I know that will be the hardest thing to track down. Good luck.

That sucks. I would have thought Corvallis would be a pretty safe town. I remember when I went to school there we didn't even lock the doors. I know times have changed. I agree with getting to know your neighbors. In my household the ninja pug wakes up the big yellow lab and they start a huge barking commotion. The only problem is that they are wagging their tales the whole time. Hope things work out for you. I don't know anyone who has not been broken into at one time or another. Hope you can still have a great Christmas.

check out ebay you can get adt' date=' brinks and others they have real and fake company stickers and signs[/quote']

Just grab the ADT logo from their website and print it onto some sticker inkjet printer paper. You can make as many as you want.

It's the same as having an actual car alarm and only having a flashing LED on your door. A thief is going to see the flashing light (and/or sticker indicating an alarm) and move on to the next car/house - it's just not worth the hassle to them to possibly draw attention. The only exceptions to this are a) they know you don't really have an alarm/security system, or b) they know what you have and they really want it.

You can also put up signs saying that the whole house is monitored by hidden web cameras. That way, they will be even less likely to smash and grab if they are recorded (regardless of whether you actually have cameras or not).

Even the tweakers will choose the path of least resistance if given the option - they will go for the non-alarmed/monitored house if they are aware of it. It's the smash and grabbers who already know what you have and where to find it that don't care and will take the chance.

Archived