New Reactor Carbon or GFO first?

Derbird

Hello everyone,

I just got a new duel reactor from BRS for carbon and GFO (clap). My question is the instructions say to put the GFO before the carbon. I have read in a few other posts that people like to put the carbon before the GFO. Is there a real bennifit to doing it one way or the other? I think they want to carbon last so the fines don't end up in the GFO. But who knows (scratch).

Sorry to ask so many questions lately. Lots going on (whistle)

I run the same reactor with GFO first. As I understand the GFO will require more flow than the carbon, so you'd want it closer to the pump. The carbon benefits from a slower flow rate to increase exposure time, and should not be tumbled so it will not grind up into fines. GFO is harder and should be tumbled very gently to stop clumping.

I T'd off my return to feed my reactors and that seems to work well. I had a maxijet feeding it at one point but it was noisy, and I had output to spare on my return pump.

I run the same reactor with GFO first. As I understand the GFO will require more flow than the carbon, so you'd want it closer to the pump. The carbon benefits from a slower flow rate to increase exposure time, and should not be tumbled so it will not grind up into fines. GFO is harder and should be tumbled very gently to stop clumping.

I T'd off my return to feed my reactors and that seems to work well. I had a maxijet feeding it at one point but it was noisy, and I had output to spare on my return pump.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Good idea using the return to power the reactor. I have a maxijet now but may have to look in to that in the future.

Archived