Big Tank - Cooling

nhoffee

Hi all, I recently got my 210 Gallon up and running. I have some questions on cooling it. How to do you (big tank owners) cool your tank? If so do you keep it with in a range of numbers. I have found that unlike my 55g tank. That I cant keep a steady number and am working on a range of number (77-79). Am I doing something wrong?

Yea I am running a 800 Watt hearter and Chiller. Both Controlled by my Aqua Controller.

When I had my 210g up and running' date=' I ran a chiller and an 800w heater on a Medusa controller. Kept the temp within 1 degree on either side of 78 at all times.[/quote']

I have about 240g's between tanks 2 refugiums and the sump.

I am use 3 100w heaters. I just turn the hailides off it gets above 82. My heaters are set at 75F. Ambient room temperature is never above 74F.

Not what anyone recommends. From what I have read if fishes and corals are used to swings they are used to swings. I know from being in the ocean that the water temps fluctuate quite a bit, even in the same spots as the currents move in and out.

JME

My temps are between 77-79 degrees. I am just wondering if that is normal with a big tank

pretty much the same on mine. Lighting is open on top, so heat escapes there. I have two computer fans that blow into the cabinet when my Halides are on. Winter time since the house is cooler I just turn the fans off. Keeps pretty balanced.