Red digi question

J-Dog

I got this red digi w/white body from Mandinga a few months ago, but it doesn't seem to be doing very well. Don't get me wrong, it's growing nicely (it has grown 2 branches since I got it), but it doesn't seem to have any polyp extension. It has pretty much been this way since it got into my tank, so if anyone has any ideas what's wrong, please let me know. All my water parameters are good and all my other corals are doing great (except for that [language filter] tenuis (scratch)). Here is the best pic I could take....

IMG_8491.jpg

I think it just needs more light. Not sure what kind o ballast you are running, but it looks like a light deficiency. When I fragged that for you it looked completely different.

The purple digi I gave you didn't look nearly as purple in your tank either.

It must be the light because our water chemistry is very similar. We both dose BRS, and keep out levels about the same....

I run gfo and carbon, which u do too.

The only major difference is I run halides(up until a month ago), and u run the red sea t5's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see how it needs more light, Isaac. My light has been more than enough for almost all the corals I have, even the harder to keep acro's. Usually if it is a light issue, the coral will either brown or bleach. I'm getting neither of those, plus the coral is growing, so it has to be something else. I moved it a little higher with less flow, so lets see if that helps. This is another one of those times where I hate this hobby (nutty)

Archived