Noob needing help on first tank.......

Chindo

Hey guys, got my new tank setup but got a little problem i overlooked in the excitement of setting up my first actual saltwater tank(whistle)..... I have a really bad gurgle problem and wanted to know what the best to fix it..... Working on pictures at the moment for you guys....

[ATTACH]12011[/ATTACH]

This is my plumbing..... was thinking of maybe putting the airline on my Tee and bringing it up above the water level??(scratch)

Not sure if that would work... any advise will be greatly appreciated since this is my first tank im a little nervouse doing something without asking first....(laugh)

post-8113-141867760576_thumb.jpg

If that is your only return then its a flood waiting to happen. A overflow box like Bob says would be best that would keep it from getting blocked. You would still need to get a 90 on there and play around with the airline tube to make it breath right.

Is Bob, Steve's new nickname???(scratch)

Back on track here I agree with both of the Steve's

(laugh) wait thats not funny DOH! I don't think the wife would be to happy with a flood...... as for an overflow box where do you guys recommend getting one and what glue should i use to put it up??? Its kinda funny i overlooked that i didn't even think about it........ Thanks guys

Im trying to get it going on the cheap since i really want to get my 125g up and running... So i figured fish cant get thru a strainer..... I had a little problem getting my 1" PVC pipe in the bulkhead and the 3/4" was way to loose to i turn put the 1" on my lather and turned it down a little.. fits nice and snug

This is how i have my SUmp running and wanted to see how you guys think i should run it.. I would like to place a small refugium in there but not sure where about, I also need to raise the middle baffle or lower the teeth because it all over flows because teeth are same level as the highest baffle

[ATTACH]12034[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of putting in another baffle on the right side to separate the fug from the return area

post-8113-14186776058_thumb.jpg

So do you think i could do a little fug after the bubble trap then have it go thru the teeth to the return where i could place some live rock too?? I know these are really Noob questions but i wanna make sure i place stuff where it is best..

Archived