Bubble Magus vs. BRS dosers

J-Dog

Will u guys let me know which is best? I don't know much about either, but maybe someone else can give me some incite. I want to get a doser, but I want something that's easy, reliable, and will last a long time for the right price. Thanks again

Well i have the Bubble Magus triple doser and love it!! You can set each pump to dose 0-1999ml and dose up to 24 times a day. Its not silent though, it makes some noise when it doses. You can replace the pumps on the unit for $20.

This is one of the top 3 things i've ever purchased for my tank.

Well i have the Bubble Magus triple doser and love it!! You can set each pump to dose 0-1999ml and dose up to 24 times a day. Its not silent though, it makes some noise when it doses. You can replace the pumps on the unit for $20.

This is one of the top 3 things i've ever purchased for my tank.

How much noise are we talking about? Do u have any idea if the BRS dosers are loud too?

I've got the BRS' date=' and very happy with them, however you need a controller or timer to operate them. They are a more robust design imo. Very quiet. And occasionaly BRS has them on sale for less than $70 ea.[/quote']

That's a big downside for the BRS dosers, having to buy timers to run each one. Plus it adds to the cost (the cheapest i've seen the BRS dosers is $80)

Its not that loud, and one of the pumps is actually silent while the other 2 make some noise. I don't know how i'd explain the sound.....maybe as loud as your skimmer with no silencer on the venturi? Mine only runs for about 3 seconds in the morning and again at night.

The replacement cost is more for the BRS dosers as well.

I have the Litermeter III and I love it. Once set up it is extremely easy to adjust and they will not be damaged if ran dry. You actually have to run them dry for a brief breakin period. It does make a slight whir sound but seeing how it is in my pantry/fishroom I don't notice it at all. I do have a BRS 50ml unit for my ATO under my stand and as far as I can tell it makes no noise at all. After much research and many questions here, on all three (BRS/Bubble Magus/Litermeter III) I decided on the LMIII not only because of the awesome reviews but also because it is made in the USA. The BRS units are made in Italy and I believe Bubble Magus is made in China or somewhere around there. LMIII's are made in Arizona.

No one mentioned the Profilux?

Sorry, I also read up on that one but I went with the LMIII for the reason I stated above. The only thing about any of them that I found to be negative was the instructions for the Bubble Magus. I read/heard that the translation can be difficult to understand.

I bought the BM about a year ago and it is still running like new. Good option if you don't have a controller.

It runs for about 10 seconds each hour or so for 2 pumps (alk and ca).

It makes some noise as stated and so did the BRS after a while. All the peristaltic pumps I have seen do make some noise.

I also bought a BRS doser pump and it failed on me. I have to say I'm using it as top off, so it runs for more time. It was replaced by BRS, but I had to pay for shipping and wait a couple of weeks.

Profilux is probably the way to go if you have $. I never tested it, but I always read good things about it. There are other options on the market for the same amount of money, some of which looks more appealing to me from reading the specs.

There are also some great japanese pumps that you can use.

Or you can get the Reefangel with the dosing pump for the same money you can spend on a BM.

Archived