Trying it again!

siskiou

Hi all!

I don't know if anyone remembers me.

Had some bad luck after my Europe trip last year.

First a back injury, and then I broke my right ankle on top of that.

Even though the family tried to help, my tanks didn't like the extended lack of care, and I lost quite a lot of my corals, and several fish.

It looks like my back will never be the same again, but I've started doing regular small water changes (no more lifting 5G buckets), and my tanks are looking happier again, though nothing like they used to be. The rics and zoanthids and other soft corals are happy, and a couple of sps are hanging on.

Does anyone in Eugene have some cheap sps frags available right now, so I could see if it's safe to add a few things again?

Glad you didn't give up on the hobby. I wouldn't blame you if you had.

Believe me, I've contemplated it more than once, but decided to just concentrate on health, and keep the tank going without stressing over it too much.

If you're ever up in Portland I could clip you off a frags of my bulletproof sps colonies :)

Thanks! I'll let you know if we are coming up that way some time. Or if you have other visitors from Eugene, let me know! :)

Welcome back! Wow sounds like you have been through quite the ordeal. Glad you didn't give up on the hobby. I wouldn't blame you if you had.

If you're ever up in Portland I could clip you off a frags of my bulletproof sps colonies :)

Susanne is it??? I always butchered your name, unless I have you mixed up with someone else-Regardless I have a millie frag you can have and I'm close to Kim-Let me know

My wife goes in on my birthday to have her 2nd back surgery-pull out all the hardware and refuse 3 discs-We have faith this time around.

Welcome back! (no pun intended)

Susanne is it??? I always butchered your name' date=' unless I have you mixed up with someone else-Regardless I have a millie frag you can have and I'm close to Kim-Let me know[/quote']

You didn't butcher my name! :D Yes, it's Susanne and I would love a millie frag! But how would I get it to Eugene? Maybe I'll have to convince my husband that we haven't been to Portland in a while.

My wife goes in on my birthday to have her 2nd back surgery-pull out all the hardware and refuse 3 discs-We have faith this time around.

Welcome back! (no pun intended)

Best wishes for your wife's back surgery! I'm still in the "physical therapy/acupuncture/massage and hoping it will get better" stages. Surgery scares me, and unfortunately my job aggravates things. I hope I can manage with pain meds!

I could donate a couple. I could deliver to Eugene tomorrow evening if you would like.. Let me know.

Oh, man! Thank you! I'd would more than like that! Will shoot you a pm for details. :)

It's good to be back. I was so depressed and embarrassed about the state of my tanks, that I didn't dare post. Probably a really silly thing to do.

Great to have you back. I hope everything works out for you. I am positive you will have everything up and running in no time.

Thanks and I sure hope you are right! Once the nuisance algae moves in, it's hard to get back to good!

Hey Susanne' date=' great to have ya back!! I think your Rics and AOG's have populated a lot of tanks in this part of Oregon![/quote']

Hi! You may be right about the rics and AOGs. They are still doing great in my tank and I have tons of rics, in particular. They like a neglected tank, apparently. :)

Hi Miles! Thanks! I was just looking at your chili pepper frag, but will restrain myself until I see how it goes with hardier sps.

Let me know what's a good time to get the monti! How's your little boy doing? I hope you all get good sleep! My daughter is going to be 20 this year!

Time flies.

Weekday evenings are fine, just give me a ring when you are heading over

Jaxon is doing great thanks :D We are sleeping pretty well, he goes to sleep around 8-9pm and sleeps until about 7am, only waking up once or twice so we are lucky so far!

I can't believe she is going to be 20 this year, thats crazy!! (laugh)

Weekday evenings are fine, just give me a ring when you are heading over

Will give you a call when I get a chance to come over. We are having a pet emergency right now (12 year old bunny) and I'm heading to the vet with him in a half hour. Might not be able to get away until next week, depending!

My tank is full of green acro. I could snap you off a few large pieces for say....FREE! Really you can just have them.

Thanks so much! I'm just blown away by the generosity here! Is there a good time/day that works for you? It looks like I will have to wait until next week, having a sick pet on our hands right now. Always something!

I work on call so just pm me when you are ready. If I am not doing anything I might even be able to deliver.

I'll do that! Thanks!

Am thinking possibly tomorrow, early evening if that works for both you and Miles.

I also have alot of brown colt that grows like a weed for me if you want some.

Anything that grows sounds great to me! :)

Hi Susanne! I do remember you.....I don't know if you remember me or not too, but I lived here from 1997-2005, moved away and now we have moved back...I don't have anything to share right now, as I just have a little nano up, going to be setting up a bigger tank soon...just wanted to say, "HI" and (welcome) back!!!!

Did you already find a 120? I have a 90 gallon for sale!!

Clay

Hi Susanne! I do remember you.....I don't know if you remember me or not too' date=' but I lived here from 1997-2005, moved away and now we have moved back...I don't have anything to share right now, as I just have a little nano up, going to be setting up a bigger tank soon...just wanted to say, "HI" and (welcome) back!!!![/quote']

Archived