New tank sydrome?

Kimberlee

So the new 40 B I set up shouldn't be going through new tank syndrome, but I do have what I'm sure is cyno. I expected some, but now that it is here I want it gone.

008-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

I'd like a positive Idea on this brown stuff, and a list of things that eat it please. It is kinda stringy up close w/ bubbles, if that helps at all. It has been a while and I can't find the noobie I started a year ago threads for reference.

looks like diatoms, typical with new tanks. Even though most or all of your stuff came from a mature tank you will still go through a cycle.

Decreased light cycle and more hermits will help, or you can just wait it out....

Thx, I'll try cutting my lights over the next week and plan on picking up some more hemit crabs monday. I kinda expected it though, it's still just ugly

Starting to reduce the light cycle today' date=' and do you know if this gobie eats clams?[/quote']

That's good and not that I know of since I don't have a clam but I found some information on a diamond goby for you

But if you do a sand sifting goby don't get a pink spot my mom got one and it ate couple of her smaller fish and was reeking havoc on her clean up crew.

but I hope the information helps you out

http://www.fishlore.com/profile-diamondgoby.htm

Starting to reduce the light cycle today' date=' and do you know if this gobie eats clams?[/quote']

Diamond Gobies do not eat Clams. They do move a TON of sand around tho. You're best just to wait it out. If you want to speed it along, pick up some Chemi-Pure Elite (Garrett carries it). It comes in a sock that you put in a high flow area in your sump and it works like magic to get rid of that stuff in a couple days.

Archived