240 gallon tank

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pix really don't do this tank justice' date=' it is one epic system (naughty). Thank you for letting me see it today :D[/quote']

it was great to have you down here again. Looking forward to seeing your build thread as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

But where are the pictures? =)

Letting the sand settle down a bit. It's now just two islands and the center of the tank is wide open. I think this will be better for the shark and the ray that I will get at some point in time. The eel has already started to dig out a home for himself. I might have to do something a little more permanent for the rock work so it doesn't knock it down.

Well I lost 8 of the 10 chromis that I got the other day and it wasn't from a virus or anything of that nature. I just can't put small fish in this big tank due to the over flows on the tank. I currently have 1 chromis in the refugium (must have taken one heck of a ride down there) and 1 in the display tank. So far none of these fish have put any sort of a bio-load in the tank and I'm planning on getting the shark tomorrow. I grabbed another tang tonight as well as a ray. I know others will frown on adding fish so fast but I used water, sand and live rock from my previous setup so it should be alright. I also modded the current skimmer in my tank. I was planning on upgrading the skimmer but I got it home and it wouldn't fit in the sump. You would think that with such a large tank that wouldn't be an issue....DOH!

Looking good Jesse. I just picked up a powder brown myself the other day. lol

Yeah it's a sweet fish.

Well I got the shark in the tank. No pictures right now since I had to do a bunch of rearanging to get him to be able to swim around the tank properly. It was a little bigger than I though it was going to be in the tank. No I don't regret getting it, just makes all of the other fish in the tank look tiny.

Looks grat Jesse.

Question for ya though, have you experianced any type of a cycle, or more to the point, did you test for ammonia or nitrite

Been testing every day sometimes twice a day. No sort of a cycle other than a bit of an algea break out on the sand bed but that's also due to not having any sort of a clean up crew. I didn't add any inverts since I knew the shark, ray, and eel would just eat them. I'm probably going to add 50-100 hermits in the next few weeks but they will most likely end up as food.

Coolest thing ever' date=' demanding more pics (when you have time), and he deserves a name. Maybe a video of feeding time (yes I know animal friendly) can't go against nature. Nature says animals eat other animals.[/quote']

Already has a name. It's Bruce. and he's already started to attack the sting ray so I just dropped it off at the OIAB. Not the rays fault but not going to cross that bridge. A huge thanks goes out to Cos for being there for me to drop this thing back off to him. I was really wanting to do a stingray but I think this shark has other motives. Hasn't bothered any of the other fish and has been fairly active for it's first day in the tank. I may have to get some more rock so I can make a canopy cover for him to sleep in during the daytime. I plan on going to one of the asian markets tomorrow in portland to grab some squid and octopus for him. Once I get comfortable enough feeding him I will take some video of it.

Archived