Moving Large Tank - Moving Company?

oxx155

I need help.

Miracles is shipping my 120"x48"x30" (approximately 2000 pounds) tank to Eugene (97402) and I need a moving company to pickup it up and deliver it to my home in Springfield (97477) and bring it into my home onto the stand. All of this needs to be fully insured.

I can't find anyone to do this!

I am not looking for the cheapest, I am looking for a company that feels confident in doing it and is fully insured so that if it gets dropped before getting on the stand it doesn't come out of my pocket.

Does anyone know of any moving company that would take this on?

This would be happening late in September.

Thanks for any help.

Douglas

Shoot a pm to James at envision acrylics

I'm sure he knows a company.

+1 on asking James-Being in the moving industry myself for the past 13 years as a sales rep, I would not sell this move without it being crated unless you wanted to sign off on a disclaimer, and disclaimers are not what you want.

Be cautious when you discuss liabilty, make sure you are getting what you want/need, as to what you" thought" you were getting-hind sight sucks

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/MCT/MOVERS.shtml

Machinery movers are great at moving iron-they drop it, it cracks the cement, they drop your tank, and you will get an "oops, sorry that does not normally happen"

Not a way I would advise

Good luck

I've asked around about this before, it seems like companies are not willing to take the risk of breaking the tank vs the little they get paid to do this. The risk is simply too great vs the reward... most will make you sign a waiver before they touch it stating if they break it, you still bought it, lol.

I've asked around about this before' date=' it seems like companies are not willing to take the risk of breaking the tank vs the little they get paid to do this. The risk is simply too great vs the reward... most will make you sign a waiver before they touch it stating if they break it, you still bought it, lol.[/quote']

The only way I would bid the job is if it was crated,-and my quote for the crate would be 2,000.00 (and that's origin)...and uncrating, thats another 500.00 not to mention the 100.00 trip charge for the 3rd party craters.

The move itself is only 250.00-350.00, its the logistics of handling thats the killer.

Just read the fine print Douglas and get whatever "promises" you are given in writing, they will help if you need to go to court-(whistle)

Machinery movers are great at moving iron-they drop it, it cracks the cement, they drop your tank, and you will get an "oops, sorry that does not normally happen"

Not a way I would advise

Good luck

Apparently you have never seen them move a $500,000.00 5 axis CNC Milling Machine. A fish tank would be a walk in the park for them. Whether they would choose to take the job or not is another question, but those guys certainly could do it.

Apparently you have never seen them move a $500' date='000.00 5 axis CNC Milling Machine. A fish tank would be a walk in the park for them. Whether they would choose to take the job or not is another question, but those guys certainly could do it.[/quote']

I remember when they moved my old 5 axis router I used to run; that thing was a beast it had only a couple inches clearance when they brought it through the bay door.

Shoot a pm to James at envision acrylics

I'm sure he knows a company.

Unfortunately he didn't. But, I did find a local company that has agreed to do it and says they are insured. So I just need to see the paperwork and sign off and the hardest part of upgrading is done! YAY

Archived