refractometer brand?

Dustin

I have used several different refractometers and have to say that my favorite, easiest to read, most accurate has been my Milwakee. They are a bit spendy but I have had this one for 5 years now and it seems bulletproof. The ones BRS sells(I have them at the shop available) are the same as the H2O Ocean versions(sell them as well) with a different case. These units are really nice budget units and I sell alot of them. They hold up well but need to be calibrated fairly often. Just keep a bottle of calibration fluid handy and you should be fine. Let me know if I can be of service :)

Well I have been tossing around the idea of making the trip up to Salem to check out the new shop I will think about it its a bit of a drive and I've recently spent a chunk of change on stuff for a DIY LED so I may not b ready yet considering that I don't even have a tank set up Haha.... but on the other hand friday is payday :)

I just checked my refractometer. At 35 it was registering 40. My salinity is really 120 instead of 125. Thank goodness Clowns can osmoregulate so well! Time for a SW top-off and a look at Garrett's recommendation!

Hey Garrett! Are you using the funny looking, green Milwaukee or the more standard looking one?

I use the more standard looking one. I have had great success with it and believe me I have used many. You are welcome to check them out and compare them side by side at the shop to see the difference. You wont go back once you go with the Milwakee lol. Also make sure you have calibration fluid handy or bring it in the the shop to be calibrated regularly. Calibrating with RO/DI water is not as accurate.

I use the more standard looking one. I have had great success with it and believe me I have used many. You are welcome to check them out and compare them side by side at the shop to see the difference. You wont go back once you go with the Milwakee lol. Also make sure you have calibration fluid handy or bring it in the the shop to be calibrated regularly. Calibrating with RO/DI water is not as accurate.

So ya got them in stock, Buddy?

Archived