BRS 2-Part Dosing

J-Dog

For all u members that dose with BRS 2-part, how much do u dose everyday? I have a 65 gallon tank and I am dosing more than 100ml of Alk solution per day, just to keep my Alk at about 9 dkh. My Cal is dropping so fast that I have to dose 500ml every other day. Are these normal amounts? Or are my corals eating up too much? Am I going to need a reactor if my dosing amounts keep increasing? (scratch)

I use the calcium from BRS 2 part and only 4ml per day, i also dose kalk in my topoff. I use baked baking soda for the alk part, i dose 2ml per day of that solution.

I use the Bubble Magus triple doser

That little of an amount? Do u have alot of SPS corals?

I use 2.5 squirts of kH and 3 squirts of ca each day

Not sure what that equates to in ml...

R kH I am using soda ash and for ca I am using Carbonate...I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac, we have about the same size tank.....why am I having to dose so much more? Maybe those huge colonies are sucking up the nutrients....luckily the stag will be gone soon, so lets see if that helps

I dose alk (Soda ash) at near 250 ml/ day and calcium carbonate at the same 250 ml/day in our 150 gal sps tank. You should be dosing the same amount or near same amount on both alk and calcium.

Are you skimming wet? Have coraline Algae??? Skimmer pulls out calcium.

Do you have a clam?

if you are dosing 500ml each day, thats way too much.

are you using this calculator?

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/reef-calculator#AlkalinityCalculator

If your kH drops 2 points per day(from 10 dKh to 8dKh), you should only be adding roughly 80ml of recipe #2.

I use recipe #1 and it says to go from 8dkh to 10, I need to add almost 100 ml.....for the calcium to go from 400ppm to 450 I need to add 330 ml. Are these numbers wrong? I don't think I have enough SPS in my tank to be sucking up that much.

I didn't know that my skimmer would suck out my calcium. Do I need to turn the skimmer off when I dose?....and no clams in my tank

those numbers look right...

you can spread that calcium dosage over a couple days.

How much is your Ca and kH dropping per day?

My kH drops almost 2, and my Ca drops roughly 15ppm per day. I cant imagine that your calcium is getting sucked up that fast...unless you are skimming really crazy super wet skim.

I think my alk is dropping 2 kdh and my calcium about 20-25 per day. I guess it's not as bad as I thought.....I wish BRS would get their Salifert test kits in, so I could test more frequently and dial in on my tanks dosing needs.

Archived