RBTA

Gill

My giant RBTA (red bubble tip anemone) is splitting!!! I am not sure if I am going to need to re-home one of them yet, but I was hoping to get the word out before it is an emergency. I really hope they both stay on the same rock, in which case I would keep them. If it does decide to wander I will have to relocate it.

Let me know if you are interested. I don't know how large it will be, but it looks like it is going to be BIG, maybe 7"-8". EDIT: clone is 4"-5"

Here is a current pic. The clone is on the top, looks like it might stay put. I cant really tell how big the clone is, but it

Looks like a third of the original.

Marshall I will give you a call if it starts moving.

b7a766b6.jpg

Really dosn't look too bad for just having split.

fd892984.jpg

did you change your salt mix? I heard that if you change your salt type it may make them split.

Haven't changed my salt mix, in fact I have not changed my water in at least 8 months LOL. I think this time it split because it was just too big for the tank, but it could be that my temp is a little high due to the weather.

Looks like you might have 3 soon.

As long as they all stay on the same rock I would be ok with that. These guys have a seriously potent sting though, I really hope they stay away from the rest of my corals. (scary)

Marshall your tank looks sweet!!! How deep is the tank? Looks like you have great depth for rockwork.

Thanks man!

yeah i scored this puppy for some glassblowing lessons, it's a little crazed, but heck (you cannot say no to a tank for 50 bucks...)

it is a 120(or so) flat back hex. so it is 24x24x48.

the depth is amazing. i don't think i can every go back once i have this much space to play around with!

i might actually upgrade to a 180, which would be the same dimentions, only 6ft (plotting)(naughty)

Ya I really wish I had a 180 instead of the 125. That yellow tang looks happy in there' date=' did you get it from Dr. B? (The tang that is not the tank. LOL)[/quote']

I got the tangs from westside/OIAB and they are doing great... honestly i didnt have the wallet to buy a tang from Dr. B lol.

Archived