Free Bamboo

matty

So we just purchased a house in Vancouver and have two huge stands of bamboo. I am going to be cutting down quite alot of one of the stands this weekend. If anybody is interested in some let me know. This will be fresh cut and green.

In my reading it seems it's very difficult to transplant this stuff but if you want to try let me know. You will have to do all the work if transplanting but I will be there for moral support (laugh)

I would say a rough estimate would be 50 or so plants some as tall as 20-30 feet.

On a side note. If there are any bamboo pros on here that could offer some free advice on how to best deal with the panda ready forest in our back yard DOH! that would be awesome!

I wish you the best of luck. From what i have heard its like aiptasia. One or two is fine but when you have a forest you have your hands full. Might want to look for a panda haha

Yeah this stuff is more like a bad case of hair algae! (cussing)

I've heard the easiest way to get rid of bamboo is to move...

I do know that if you can block the roots they won't spread. Dig on the side you don't want it to go, and line with pond liner. I think 18-24" deep.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

going to have a U Dig party here one of these days, got black bamboo. Waiting til the rains start... less fun to work in the rain, soil is heavier but you don't need to be a stonemason to dig a hole (: I have dug up pieces before and put them in pots, they are great for that. horse troughs also. But in the ground they are a disaster.

Kate

There is to kinds of bamboo. It sounds like running which speads. The other is clumping and can make great sceens to block nasty views and people you don't like. to slow it down... dig down at least a foot trench, any barrier the roots grow up, clip them off. Lot's of work but!!!!!

I would love to get some from you if its not running

Beckie