Fraud anyone else ??

Hozer21

Well this past weekend my family & I where out shopping for our vacation (clap) and then got a phone call Sunday around 3 pm about our account have some actives on them that were suspect (flame) & guess what they where got hit with about $1,500 worth of charges that came out of Mississippi & Florida (scary) but they took care of it for us and it's all good but now I have to wait a couple days before I get new credit cards and what not and we leave on Sunday for Disney land I hope we get a card before then because if we don't we have to take cash instead or I could just get visa per paid card but who know what will happen . They told me that who ever did this got it from my pay pal account . I guess some body or bodies hacked in to pay pal which suck just thought I would share my lovely weekend

Thx

That sucks Jose. Somebody tried to hack into my yahoo email account this weekend but I got it fixed.

I did have that happen with my debitcard a few years back. They cleared out my checking account.

I still had my card but the bank thanks it happened when I used an atm.

Ahh man that sucks. I had somthing similar happen to me months ago but it was caught by my bank. Aparently they had done some $5-$10 "test" purchases, but in other states like what happened to you and that was a red flag. Hope you vacation is still nice.

I know a lot of people who have had their yahoo accts hacked lately. I was one of the ppl whose info was stolen in the Sony hacks, they logged into my email but thats all they did that I can tell. I changed my card numbers, put an alert on my credit. Sure is a pain in the rear!

That sucks Jose. Somebody tried to hack into my yahoo email account this weekend but I got it fixed.

I did have that happen with my debitcard a few years back. They cleared out my checking account.

I still had my card but the bank thanks it happened when I used an atm.

Thank Kim yeah the bank & cc company took care of everything for me & I'm glad I got the fraud guard on my accounts

Ahh man that sucks. I had somthing similar happen to me months ago but it was caught by my bank. Aparently they had done some $5-$10 "test" purchases' date=' but in other states like what happened to you and that was a red flag. Hope you vacation is still nice.[/quote']

Thx Harold yeah I'm pretty sure we will even thou we have this little set back

I know a lot of people who have had their yahoo accts hacked lately. I was one of the ppl whose info was stolen in the Sony hacks' date=' they logged into my email but thats all they did that I can tell. I changed my card numbers, put an alert on my credit. Sure is a pain in the rear![/quote']

Yeah I have talk to a couple of my buddies and they have told me some stories about there trouble .

I recently got a call from Bank of America asking if I used my Visa card at Wal-Mart in Arizona. I told him no. He said someone tried to use it on walmart online. they said "don't worry about it we will issue you new cards" fast forward to this past weekend at SeaMax. I used it twice for a grand total of $48.00 my wife & daughter were shopping & she used it at like 2 places for about the same amount. We were checking into the hotel & the guy swiped my card & said "I'm sorry sir but it says authorization denied" Well that's just a bit embarrassing when you have a balance of next to nothing due on the card. I gave him my gas card & will deal with that later, I did not want to stand there stammering about how it's not maxed out & he does not care anyway. Now we are flying out to Denver @ 5:00am tomorrow, so I called BofA & told them I would be using it in Denver & DON'T DENY IT! I mean the Seattle deal was nice fraud protection but not when it's used against me(laugh) Good luck Hozer, I hope they get your cards before you leave.

An update I got an email from direct tv saying my service will be coming out this week for an address in missouri. I called and told them I didn't order direct tv and they said they couldn't cancel the order.

Have I mentioned that direct tv sucks!! Why would someone use my email to order direct tv?

An update I got an email from direct tv saying my service will be coming out this week for an address in missouri. I called and told them I didn't order direct tv and they said they couldn't cancel the order.

Have I mentioned that direct tv sucks!! Why would someone use my email to order direct tv?

Wait a minute....Hold on there Baba Louie, You did not order the service, therefore that would be fraud correct?....They are saying they cannot cancel the service? I bet if you did not pay the bill they sure could cancel the service right quick. That's just messed up. Makes me like Comcast even more (laugh)

The one lady said that was the fraud department and she couldn't cancel the order. We were given a different number to call and of course there was no answer. They apparently don't ask for a credit card to make a reservation.

Direct tv has by far the worst customer service.

We cancelled them because we moved. They said since we bought a dvr that we signed up for a 2 year contract and charged us for that. There was nothing when we bought it nothing in the fine print.

I could never get a hold of anyone and reported them and still nothing. Total rip off artists.

I had to use someones-Sheesh, settle down, its only 79.95 per month (clap)

Archived