Maxi mini removal

Bigjohnwoody

I want to remove a maxi mini nem from a rock in my tank and put it on a new rock. The rock has a soft coral covering it that I can't handle any longer. It's spreading all over my tank and I want it to die. Any ideas how to remove it? I already tried an ice cube and it didn't work. Plus I just felt mean doing that to the nem.

maxi's are very hard to remove from the rock. They will suck themselves into the rock and become very small, reason why they are so hard to harvest from the wild. Best chance is to point a power head at it in hopes it doesn't like it and move, but no guarantees that it will move where you want it.

Good luck!!

maxi's are very hard to remove from the rock. They will suck themselves into the rock and become very small, reason why they are so hard to harvest from the wild. Best chance is to point a power head at it in hopes it doesn't like it and move, but no guarantees that it will move where you want it.

Good luck!!

Speaking of that:) you lady's need to frag up those two nems on the top of your nem cube:) I may have to sneak over with a reflo pump:) lmao

I've heard that you can take the rock out of the water, turn it so that the nem is pointing down, and tap on the rock. Kind of like chinese water torture. Haven't tried it yet, but one of the nem guys over on RC reccomended it.

Heres an idea. Take the rock out, and turn the nem face down. Use something that vibrates (no, not that(laugh)), and hold it against the rock. Maybe the constant vibration, plus hanging upside down will coax it out.

Good luck!

P.S. The zoas look great!

Archived