8.8 Earthquake in Japan

NoobtoSalt

Not sure if anyone is watching the news right now but it sounds like they might have had the biggest earthquake in recent time. It was first stated to be a 7.9 but they have now upped it to 8.8!!

So with Tsunami's that are 10-15 feet high what does this do to the reef's and livestock in the ocean?

oh geez

I feel sorry for the people living in the zone.

as a side note, now i wonder what gas prices are going to be like tomorrow :(

Just turn on the news and you will see, but I've never really felt depressed when I was watching the news and I can't stop watching it either..

If your not watching this on tv they just showed the most depressing live video of the tsunami coming inland in Japan. Looks like a lot of people are going to be injured or dead.

I feel so sad for those people over there, i just donated $100 to the earthquake relief. It may not be much but better then nothing!

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

CNN is saying most people in Tokyo are fine, mostly cracked windows and walls. No real casualties there though except in an old factory where there was a fire.

Most of the fires and flooding are confined to the N - NE coast.

They just upped the quake to a 8.9!

Checking in. Sirens are going off. Pretty creepy.

My wife and daughter are in the east coast of Canada right now, so family is safe. Cold, but safe. lol I got my dive flippers ready!

Kevin

Good luck Kev. Get the nets out. You might catch a few rare fish for your site. :) Check in tomorrow morning! Oh, the Black Tang is out and swimming around and my other Black tang is not picking on him.

Yeah scary. Did u see the video of the tsunami? It was amazing and sad watching cars rushing away and getting swept in the wave.

Yeah I stopped posting online last night and just watched the news for hours. I couldn't believe they were showing people in the cars getting swept away live. I know it's news but those were people in a lot of those cars too..