want to upgrade

diver

it's dependent on the footprint of the tank. a 125 is usually 6' long x 19" wide x 24" tall, a 180 is usually 6' long x 2' wide x 2' tall and a 240 is usually an 8' long x 2' wide x 2' tall tank. so if you have the space my recommondation would be the 240. if you don't have space for the 8' tank just make sure you go with something that is 2' wide at a minimum, IMO.

My $.02...... I went from a 125 to a 180 because there wasn't enough depth (front to back). It was almost wall-to-wall rock. Having an extra 6 inches is always a good thing :) The only thing a 210 or 240 gets you is extra height which requires stronger lights to reach the bottom. The 180 will get by with 250's just fine. Plus the 180 is not so deep that you are up past your armpit everytime you need to get to the bottom. For me the 180 has been a perfect size and I have had absolutely no upgrade fever since I set it up a year ago.