The shocking truth

cellowithgills

It's finally come to a point where I can no longer ignore being shocked. I'm afraid that my mag 7 is going to start killing stuff. It's just ridiculous, if I touch the water and anything else, including the ACRYLIC tank, I get shocked. Not to mention that I can't put my hand in the sump without getting shocked without even touching anything. So does anyone have a pump that I could easily fit to 1/2" pvc, that I could beg, borrow, buy, or steal, or something?

At this point I've got it out of the water and have put some pumps in the tank to keep things going.

The best thing to do is to replace the offending equipment and install a GFCI outlet. All a grounding probe will do is insure that any short that exists has a direct path to ground. In the event that the short is only on the positive side it will create a situation where a person can be shocked that otherwise may not exist. If you do use a grounding probe (I will not use them) then it is extremely important for safety that you also have a properly installed GFCI outlet.